California State Fair Offers Fun, Food, Drought Changes
Don't Miss This
- Turlock Designer’s Idea Puts Quick, Complex Games In Your Pocket
- How Did Luis Enrique Monroy-Bracamonte Hide In United States Illegally Until Deputy Killings?
- Gas Station Robber Regrets Taking Money, Returns It And Apologizes Hours Later
- Feds Issue Warning: Please Stop Taking Selfies With Bears
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) — The 161st California State Fair kicked off in full force on Friday.
With temperatures cooler than average, CBS13’s Dave Bender was enjoying the start of the fair.
Drought Prompts Changes At California State Fair
This year, the pond at Cal Expo is dry and being used for motocross demos. Cal Expo reduced its water usage this spring by 18 percent compared to last year.
Natomas Nighthawk Drum Corps
50 Shades of Funk
Dave Samples Krispy Kreme Burger, More Fair Food
The fair runs between July 11 and July 27.
Up Next For Dave: Bacon-Wrapped Jack Daniels Churros
Monday-Thursday: 11 a.m.-10 p.m.
Friday-Sunday: 10 a.m.-10 p.m.
Monday, Wednesday and Thursday: 11 a.m.-Midnight
Monday, Wednesday and Thursday: Opens at 11 a.m.
More information at castatefair.org.
Can be purchased online or in person.
General $12 | Senior $10 | Kids 5-12 $8 | Kids 4 and under free