4-Alarm Grass Fire Near Fairfield Prompts Evacuations
Don't Miss This
- CHP Officers, Teacher Help Santa Deliver Presents To Boy Who Didn’t Get Visit Last Year
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
FAIRFIELD (CBS13) – Firefighters battled a grass fire along Highway 12 that has went to 4-alarms, police say.
The fire – which started a little before 2 p.m. – was off of Highway 12, in between Beck Avenue and Pennsylvania Street, according to the Fairfield Police Department.
Homes along from the 1400 to 1500 blocks of James Street were under mandatory evacuation orders for some time, but the orders were lifted a little before 4 p.m.
Fairfield Fire Department officials said that lack of resources forced them to call in a strike team from Cal Fire to help fight the blaze.