4-Alarm Grass Fire Near Fairfield Prompts Evacuations
Don't Miss This
- Logic Behind Ferguson Grand Jury’s Decision Not To Indict Police Officer May Remain Mystery
- Man Behind Hidden Cash Craze Announces New Charity Effort Aimed At Fighting Hunger
- Brutal Beating Of Disabled Yuba City Man Likely Was Gang Violence
- Sacramento Police Ready For Protests, But Say Outreach Is Key To Avoid Violence
- Reaction To Ferguson Grand Jury Decision Fanned By Social Media
FAIRFIELD (CBS13) – Firefighters battled a grass fire along Highway 12 that has went to 4-alarms, police say.
The fire – which started a little before 2 p.m. – was off of Highway 12, in between Beck Avenue and Pennsylvania Street, according to the Fairfield Police Department.
Homes along from the 1400 to 1500 blocks of James Street were under mandatory evacuation orders for some time, but the orders were lifted a little before 4 p.m.
Fairfield Fire Department officials said that lack of resources forced them to call in a strike team from Cal Fire to help fight the blaze.