4-Alarm Grass Fire Near Fairfield Prompts Evacuations
Don't Miss This
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
- Thieves Ransack Rio Linda Airman’s Home While He Was Deployed Overseas
- Fresno Man Who Killed Co-Worker, Cut Out Heart, Released From Prison Over Governor’s Objection
- Jackson Teen Leading Rally Against Washington Redskins’ Name At San Francisco 49ers Game
FAIRFIELD (CBS13) – Firefighters battled a grass fire along Highway 12 that has went to 4-alarms, police say.
The fire – which started a little before 2 p.m. – was off of Highway 12, in between Beck Avenue and Pennsylvania Street, according to the Fairfield Police Department.
Homes along from the 1400 to 1500 blocks of James Street were under mandatory evacuation orders for some time, but the orders were lifted a little before 4 p.m.
Fairfield Fire Department officials said that lack of resources forced them to call in a strike team from Cal Fire to help fight the blaze.