4-Alarm Grass Fire Near Fairfield Prompts Evacuations
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
FAIRFIELD (CBS13) – Firefighters battled a grass fire along Highway 12 that has went to 4-alarms, police say.
The fire – which started a little before 2 p.m. – was off of Highway 12, in between Beck Avenue and Pennsylvania Street, according to the Fairfield Police Department.
Homes along from the 1400 to 1500 blocks of James Street were under mandatory evacuation orders for some time, but the orders were lifted a little before 4 p.m.
Fairfield Fire Department officials said that lack of resources forced them to call in a strike team from Cal Fire to help fight the blaze.