4-Alarm Grass Fire Near Fairfield Prompts Evacuations
Don't Miss This
- Man Rescued From Abandoned Mother Lode Mine
- Man Gets 3-Year Jail Sentence For Torturing Puppy In Front Of Daughter
- Mom, Daughter Record Bear’s Romp Through Auburn Cemetery
- Is This You? Gas Station Surveillance Video Reveals Stockton’s Latest Lottery Millionaire
- California Bans State Agencies From Selling Or Displaying Items With Confederate Flag
Get Breaking News First
FAIRFIELD (CBS13) – Firefighters battled a grass fire along Highway 12 that has went to 4-alarms, police say.
The fire – which started a little before 2 p.m. – was off of Highway 12, in between Beck Avenue and Pennsylvania Street, according to the Fairfield Police Department.
Homes along from the 1400 to 1500 blocks of James Street were under mandatory evacuation orders for some time, but the orders were lifted a little before 4 p.m.
Fairfield Fire Department officials said that lack of resources forced them to call in a strike team from Cal Fire to help fight the blaze.