Woman Accused Of Setting Fire To Her Own Apartment
Don't Miss This
- CHP Officers, Teacher Help Santa Deliver Presents To Boy Who Didn’t Get Visit Last Year
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – A woman has been arrested after allegedly setting fire to her own apartment Wednesday morning.
The fire was reported just before 3:30 a.m. on Orlando Way, near El Camino Avenue in Sacramento.
One neighbor says he helped put the flames out before it spread to another unit.
The woman who lives in the apartment was detained by the Sacramento Police Department once the fire was out. Police say they are looking into her mental status after neighbors had been complaining throughout the night.
“She was being erratic all day yesterday, driving around in a U-Haul trailer being really erratic, talking about things that weren’t real,” said Beth Anderson, a next door neighbor.
Sacramento Fire says police officers have been to Orlando Way four times already this morning because of the woman’s behavior.
Arson investigators say they have enough evidence to link the woman to the fire.
“I think that she got what she had coming because she put a lot of people’s lives at risk,” Anderson said.
Clothing on fire when entered the house, firefighters noted. Crews were able to contain the flames before it could spread to neighboring units.