Woman, 26, Arrested For Illegal Dumping
Don't Miss This
- CHP Officers, Teacher Help Santa Deliver Presents To Boy Who Didn’t Get Visit Last Year
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – The City of Sacramento says that a 26-year-old woman has been arrested for illegal dumping.
The arrest stems from a Feb. 2014 incident. City officials say that a witness reported seeing someone illegally dumping garbage near along Dry Creek Road, near Interstate 80. Officials say the witness was able to relay the vehicle’s license plate number and a description of the suspect to a City 311 operator.
An investigation by a Code Enforcement officer from the Recycling and Solid Waste Division eventually led to the suspect being identified as 26-year-old Oksana Lyamin.
Tuesday, Sacramento Police officers showed up at a home along the 1100 block of Odonnell Avenue and arrested Lyamin. Police say that Lyamin tried to hide in a closet to avoid being arrested.
Lyamin was booked at Sacramento County Jail on illegal dumping charges and on an unrelated arrest warrant.
City officials note that the witness who reported the alleged illegal dumping could be eligible for a reward of up to $1,000.