Woman, 26, Arrested For Illegal Dumping
Don't Miss This
- Jury Convicts Man Of Killing Ex-Girlfriend In Winters
- Apple CEO Tim Cook Publicly Acknowledges He’s Gay
- Terminally Ill Woman May Postpone Taking Her Life
- Turlock Designer’s Idea Puts Quick, Complex Games In Your Pocket
- How Did Luis Enrique Monroy-Bracamonte Hide In United States Illegally Until Deputy Killings?
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – The City of Sacramento says that a 26-year-old woman has been arrested for illegal dumping.
The arrest stems from a Feb. 2014 incident. City officials say that a witness reported seeing someone illegally dumping garbage near along Dry Creek Road, near Interstate 80. Officials say the witness was able to relay the vehicle’s license plate number and a description of the suspect to a City 311 operator.
An investigation by a Code Enforcement officer from the Recycling and Solid Waste Division eventually led to the suspect being identified as 26-year-old Oksana Lyamin.
Tuesday, Sacramento Police officers showed up at a home along the 1100 block of Odonnell Avenue and arrested Lyamin. Police say that Lyamin tried to hide in a closet to avoid being arrested.
Lyamin was booked at Sacramento County Jail on illegal dumping charges and on an unrelated arrest warrant.
City officials note that the witness who reported the alleged illegal dumping could be eligible for a reward of up to $1,000.