Man Pleads Guilty In Sacramento Sex-Trafficking Case
Don't Miss This
- Man Rescued From Abandoned Mother Lode Mine
- Man Gets 3-Year Jail Sentence For Torturing Puppy In Front Of Daughter
- Mom, Daughter Record Bear’s Romp Through Auburn Cemetery
- Is This You? Gas Station Surveillance Video Reveals Stockton’s Latest Lottery Millionaire
- California Bans State Agencies From Selling Or Displaying Items With Confederate Flag
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (AP) – A 28-year-old Chicago man has pleaded guilty to a sex trafficking offense involving an underage girl in the Sacramento area.
The federal Department of Justice says Marquist Piere Bradford entered his plea Thursday to sex trafficking of children by force.
According to court documents, Bradford recruited a 15-year-old girl to travel from Fresno to Sacramento, where he used her as part of a prostitution operation in early 2012.
Court document indicate Bradford ran a prostitution business in the Sacramento and San Francisco Bay areas, as well as cities outside California.
At least two of Bradford’s victims were younger than 18.
Authorities say Bradford fled from Sacramento to Chicago after law enforcement officers recovered the victim in the case.
He is to be sentenced Oct. 23.
Copyright 2014 The Associated Press.