Boy, 2, Drowns At Elk Grove Regional Park’s Duck Pond
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
ELK GROVE (CBS13) – Police say that a 2-year-old boy drowned at the duck pond at Elk Grove Regional Park Saturday afternoon.
Emergency responders were called to the park just after 2 p.m., according to the Elk Grove Police Department. Once at the scene, crews found that a lifeguard from the nearby pool and another citizen were giving the boy CPR.
The boy was taken to the hospital, but was pronounced dead by hospital staff just after 3 p.m.
Police say the boy was at the park with family as a part of a church group. Somehow, police say, the boy wandered away and got into the pond.
Police note that boy could have been in the pond for 15 to 20 minutes.