Boy, 2, Drowns At Elk Grove Regional Park’s Duck Pond
Don't Miss This
- Stockton Police Employee Hit While Crossing Street Dies
- Davis Children Offer Grinch Free Cookies In Return For Stolen Christmas Lights
- Women Chased On Interstate 80 By Driver Posing As Sheriff’s Deputy In Alleged Road Rage Incident
- CHP Officers, Teacher Help Santa Deliver Presents To Boy Who Didn’t Get Visit Last Year
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
ELK GROVE (CBS13) – Police say that a 2-year-old boy drowned at the duck pond at Elk Grove Regional Park Saturday afternoon.
Emergency responders were called to the park just after 2 p.m., according to the Elk Grove Police Department. Once at the scene, crews found that a lifeguard from the nearby pool and another citizen were giving the boy CPR.
The boy was taken to the hospital, but was pronounced dead by hospital staff just after 3 p.m.
Police say the boy was at the park with family as a part of a church group. Somehow, police say, the boy wandered away and got into the pond.
Police note that boy could have been in the pond for 15 to 20 minutes.