Boy, 2, Drowns At Elk Grove Regional Park’s Duck Pond
Don't Miss This
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
- Thieves Ransack Rio Linda Airman’s Home While He Was Deployed Overseas
- Fresno Man Who Killed Co-Worker, Cut Out Heart, Released From Prison Over Governor’s Objection
- Jackson Teen Leading Rally Against Washington Redskins’ Name At San Francisco 49ers Game
ELK GROVE (CBS13) – Police say that a 2-year-old boy drowned at the duck pond at Elk Grove Regional Park Saturday afternoon.
Emergency responders were called to the park just after 2 p.m., according to the Elk Grove Police Department. Once at the scene, crews found that a lifeguard from the nearby pool and another citizen were giving the boy CPR.
The boy was taken to the hospital, but was pronounced dead by hospital staff just after 3 p.m.
Police say the boy was at the park with family as a part of a church group. Somehow, police say, the boy wandered away and got into the pond.
Police note that boy could have been in the pond for 15 to 20 minutes.