Turlock Man Suspected Of Lighting Neighbor’s RV On Fire
Don't Miss This
- Logic Behind Ferguson Grand Jury’s Decision Not To Indict Police Officer May Remain Mystery
- Man Behind Hidden Cash Craze Announces New Charity Effort Aimed At Fighting Hunger
- Brutal Beating Of Disabled Yuba City Man Likely Was Gang Violence
- Sacramento Police Ready For Protests, But Say Outreach Is Key To Avoid Violence
- Reaction To Ferguson Grand Jury Decision Fanned By Social Media
TURLOCK (CBS13) – A Turlock man is under arrest on charges he set fire to his neighbor’s RV – while three were people inside.
Investigators say that deputies were called to the 400 block of N. Verduga Road Sunday morning on a reported disturbance. Apparently, some sort of argument escalated to the point where a man lit his neighbor’s RV trailer and an outbuilding on fire.
According to the Stanislaus County Sheriff’s Department, the man – 51-year-old Turlock resident George Nazar – lit the trailer on fire while three people were still inside.
The people inside were able to get out unharmed. However, both the trailer and outbuilding burned to the ground, deputies say.
Nazar is said to have gone back to his home after lighting the fires. Deputies were able to call him and get him to surrender a little while later.
Nazar was later booked at Stanislaus County Jail on three attempted murder charges, plus arson charges.