STOCKTON (CBS13) – It was a busy morning for law enforcement personnel in Stockton and a terrifying situation for the victims of a home-invasion robbery.
At around 4 a.m. Tuesday, police received a call reporting that three people dressed in dark clothing kicked in the door of a home in the 4600 block of Tudor Rose Glen, which is just east of Highway 99.
When an officer came to the area, he saw people driving in a stolen BMW. The car drove off, leading the officer on a chase on southbound Highway 99 toward a residential neighborhood near Myrtle Street and Gertrude Avenue, according to Deputy Les Garcia, a spokesperson for the San Joaquin County Sheriff’s Office.
The suspects eventually crashed the BMW into a ditch and ran away. Law enforcement officers from at least three agencies, including K-9 officers, surrounded the area where the suspects were believed to be hiding.
The dogs sniffed out the location of two of the four suspects who were taken into custody. The other two were caught by officers a few blocks away.
Police are investigating whether the suspects in the chase are connected to the home invasion robbery.
- Families Rally Support For San Joaquin Activity Center
- Bicyclist Killed In Crash Is Stockton’s Fifth Traffic Fatality In A Month
- Woman Sets Trap For Good Samaritan, Uses Armed Kids To Rob Him
- 2 Men Injured, Woman Arrested After Honey Oil Lab Explosion In Stockton
- Toys R Us Still Honoring Gift Cards For Another 30 Days