Wildland Fire Burning Near Foresthill In Placer County
Don't Miss This
- Man Rescued From Abandoned Mother Lode Mine
- Man Gets 3-Year Jail Sentence For Torturing Puppy In Front Of Daughter
- Mom, Daughter Record Bear’s Romp Through Auburn Cemetery
- Is This You? Gas Station Surveillance Video Reveals Stockton’s Latest Lottery Millionaire
- California Bans State Agencies From Selling Or Displaying Items With Confederate Flag
Get Breaking News First
A fire is burning in a remote area of Placer County near the town of Foresthill.
It’s happening in an area called Portuguese Point, which is north of Yankee Jims Road, according to a Cal Fire spokesperson. It was caused by a lightning strike and has burned between 1 to 1.5 acres.
Because the fire is in such a remote area, it took crews a longer than usual to arrive.
There is no word yet on containment of the fire.