Wildland Fire Burning Near Foresthill In Placer County
Don't Miss This
- More Than 100 American Laser Skincare Closures Leave Customers Without Thousands Of Dollars
- Rancho Cordova Neighborhood Watch Started With A Facebook Group
- Sacramento Gun Stores Gearing Up For Black Friday Sales Surge
- Call Kurtis: Smart & Stupid Black Friday Buys
- Logic Behind Ferguson Grand Jury’s Decision Not To Indict Police Officer May Remain Mystery
A fire is burning in a remote area of Placer County near the town of Foresthill.
It’s happening in an area called Portuguese Point, which is north of Yankee Jims Road, according to a Cal Fire spokesperson. It was caused by a lightning strike and has burned between 1 to 1.5 acres.
Because the fire is in such a remote area, it took crews a longer than usual to arrive.
There is no word yet on containment of the fire.