Wildland Fire Burning Near Foresthill In Placer County
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
A fire is burning in a remote area of Placer County near the town of Foresthill.
It’s happening in an area called Portuguese Point, which is north of Yankee Jims Road, according to a Cal Fire spokesperson. It was caused by a lightning strike and has burned between 1 to 1.5 acres.
Because the fire is in such a remote area, it took crews a longer than usual to arrive.
There is no word yet on containment of the fire.