Wildland Fire Burning Near Foresthill In Placer County
Don't Miss This
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
- Thieves Ransack Rio Linda Airman’s Home While He Was Deployed Overseas
- Fresno Man Who Killed Co-Worker, Cut Out Heart, Released From Prison Over Governor’s Objection
- Jackson Teen Leading Rally Against Washington Redskins’ Name At San Francisco 49ers Game
A fire is burning in a remote area of Placer County near the town of Foresthill.
It’s happening in an area called Portuguese Point, which is north of Yankee Jims Road, according to a Cal Fire spokesperson. It was caused by a lightning strike and has burned between 1 to 1.5 acres.
Because the fire is in such a remote area, it took crews a longer than usual to arrive.
There is no word yet on containment of the fire.