Woman Assaulted During Elk Grove Home Invasion Robbery
ELK GROVE (CBS13) – Police in Elk Grove are searching for three people behind a violent home invasion robbery that left one woman injured.
The incident happened at around 7:30 a.m. at a home in the 8800 block of Springhurst Drive. A woman and her two children, both under the age of 10, were in the home at the time. A woman knocked on the front door of the home, and when the woman and her kids opened it, two men armed with guns forced their way inside the home and ransacked it, according to Officer Chris Trim, a spokesman for the Elk Grove Police Department.
Robbers stole several items from the home and drove away towards Sheldon Road in a silver Nissan with a fin on the back.
At some point during the incident, the woman was hit on the head. She was taken to the hospital with non-life threatening injuries.
More Stories From Elk Grove
- Man’s Fingers Nearly Cut Off During Fight In Elk Grove
- Elk Grove Methodist Church Classrooms Burn Before Rummage Sale
- 3 Classrooms At Elk Grove Church Burned In Fire
- Call Kurtis: Wedding Venue Forced Closed Leaving Couples to Scramble
- Elk Grove Weighs Giving City Council Full-Time Assistants
Editor’s Note: A previous version of this story incorrectly reported Officer Trim was a spokesperson for the Roseville Police Department.