ELK GROVE (CBS13) – Police in Elk Grove are searching for three people behind a violent home invasion robbery that left one woman injured.
The incident happened at around 7:30 a.m. at a home in the 8800 block of Springhurst Drive. A woman and her two children, both under the age of 10, were in the home at the time. A woman knocked on the front door of the home, and when the woman and her kids opened it, two men armed with guns forced their way inside the home and ransacked it, according to Officer Chris Trim, a spokesman for the Elk Grove Police Department.
Robbers stole several items from the home and drove away towards Sheldon Road in a silver Nissan with a fin on the back.
At some point during the incident, the woman was hit on the head. She was taken to the hospital with non-life threatening injuries.
More Stories From Elk Grove
- Elk Grove Police Beef Up Patrols, Deploy Mobile Cameras After Recent Robberies
- Armed Man Robs Woman Leaving Panda Express In Elk Grove
- Police Investigating String Of Robberies At Elk Grove Businesses
- Police Investigating Shooting At Park In Elk Grove
- Elk Grove Casino Plan Moves Forward, But Not Everyone Sold On Idea
Editor’s Note: A previous version of this story incorrectly reported Officer Trim was a spokesperson for the Roseville Police Department.