Police: Woodland Woman Says She Shot Husband
Don't Miss This
- Logic Behind Ferguson Grand Jury’s Decision Not To Indict Police Officer May Remain Mystery
- Man Behind Hidden Cash Craze Announces New Charity Effort Aimed At Fighting Hunger
- Brutal Beating Of Disabled Yuba City Man Likely Was Gang Violence
- Sacramento Police Ready For Protests, But Say Outreach Is Key To Avoid Violence
- Reaction To Ferguson Grand Jury Decision Fanned By Social Media
WOODLAND (CBS13) – Police are investigating a homicide after a woman claims she shot her husband.
Just before 10 p.m. Sunday, Woodland Police say they were called to the 600 block of Knollwood Drive. Police say the woman called dispatchers and said she had shot her husband.
When officers arrived, they found the suspect — 59-year-old Susan Hoskins — on a front porch. Medical personnel soon entered and tried to treat the man, but he was soon pronounced dead at the scene.
Hoskins, who police note was cooperative with officers, was first taken to the Woodland Police Department for questioning before she was booked at Yolo County Jail on charges of murder and domestic violence.
Police ask anyone with more information to divulge about the incident to call Woodland Police at (530) 661-7800.