UPDATE: Missing American River College Teacher Found Safe
Don't Miss This
- Woman Walking With 2-Year-Old Son Hit, Killed By Man Driving Drunk
- Citrus Heights Gaming Hall Actually Slashes Crime In Surrounding Area
- Starting Tuesday, California Law Requires Drivers To Give Cyclists 3 Feet Of Space On Road
- Missing Christian Brothers High School Volleyball Coach Found Alive In Oregon
- Police Detain ‘Django Unchained’ Actress In LA
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – UPDATE: Michael Sachau, who had been missing for a week, was found safe, the Sacramento County Sheriff’s Department announced Wednesday morning. He was found outside the Sacramento area.
Previous story below:
A beloved teacher and counselor at American River College has been missing since last week.
The Sacramento County Sheriff’s Department considers 43-year-old Michael Sachau at risk due to the disappearance not fitting his normal pattern of behavior. Sachau was last heard from on July 29 when he called in sick, detectives say.
According to American River College, Sachau has worked for the school since 2005. Sachau teaches Human Career Development and is scheduled to teach a Life and Career Planning class in the fall.
“Mike is a cherished member of the ARC family. We are concerned for his safety and health and hope he returns to us soon,” wrote Scott Crow, American River’s public information officer, in a statement.
Sachau is said to stand about 6’2’’, weigh about 260, and has short brown hair and blue eyes, along with a full beard and mustache. He is said to have a tattoo on his left ankle.
Anyone who sees Sachau or knows where he may be is asked to call the Sacramento County Sheriff’s Department at (916) 874-5115.