Possible Human Remains Found Along River Near West Sacramento
Don't Miss This
- CHP Officers, Teacher Help Santa Deliver Presents To Boy Who Didn’t Get Visit Last Year
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
WEST SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – Authorities say that possible human bones were discovered along the river near West Sacramento Friday morning.
Larry Cecchettini from the Yolo County Sheriff’s says that someone was walking along the low dam and Road 127 around 11 a.m. when they spotted small bones and some teeth in the mud of a two-foot wide beach. Police are presuming that the bones are from a person due to the teeth resembling those from a human.
The bones look to have been in place for some time, Cecchettini noted.
The beach only appeared due to the Sacramento River level being low.
Deputies from the Yolo County Sheriff’s Office, along with the coroner’s office and the Marine Patrol Unit are at the scene investigating.