Possible Human Remains Found Along River Near West Sacramento
Don't Miss This
- Missing Christian Brothers High School Volleyball Coach Found Alive In Oregon
- Police Detain ‘Django Unchained’ Actress In LA
- Researchers Say Sacramento’s Bad Roads Are Bad For Business
- Mountain Lion Linked To Southern California Boy’s Attack Killed By Wildlife Officials
- San Joaquin Sheriff Investigating How Deputy’s Loaded Weapon Ended Up In Gang Member’s Hands
Get Breaking News First
WEST SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – Authorities say that possible human bones were discovered along the river near West Sacramento Friday morning.
Larry Cecchettini from the Yolo County Sheriff’s says that someone was walking along the low dam and Road 127 around 11 a.m. when they spotted small bones and some teeth in the mud of a two-foot wide beach. Police are presuming that the bones are from a person due to the teeth resembling those from a human.
The bones look to have been in place for some time, Cecchettini noted.
The beach only appeared due to the Sacramento River level being low.
Deputies from the Yolo County Sheriff’s Office, along with the coroner’s office and the Marine Patrol Unit are at the scene investigating.