Possible Human Remains Found Along River Near West Sacramento
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
WEST SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – Authorities say that possible human bones were discovered along the river near West Sacramento Friday morning.
Larry Cecchettini from the Yolo County Sheriff’s says that someone was walking along the low dam and Road 127 around 11 a.m. when they spotted small bones and some teeth in the mud of a two-foot wide beach. Police are presuming that the bones are from a person due to the teeth resembling those from a human.
The bones look to have been in place for some time, Cecchettini noted.
The beach only appeared due to the Sacramento River level being low.
Deputies from the Yolo County Sheriff’s Office, along with the coroner’s office and the Marine Patrol Unit are at the scene investigating.