California Teen Targeted In Online Sextortion Plot
Don't Miss This
- Man Rescued From Abandoned Mother Lode Mine
- Man Gets 3-Year Jail Sentence For Torturing Puppy In Front Of Daughter
- Mom, Daughter Record Bear’s Romp Through Auburn Cemetery
- Is This You? Gas Station Surveillance Video Reveals Stockton’s Latest Lottery Millionaire
- California Bans State Agencies From Selling Or Displaying Items With Confederate Flag
Get Breaking News First
SANTA ANA (AP) — A Michigan man accused of threatening a Santa Ana teen in a “sextortion” plot has been indicted on federal sex crime charges.
The Orange County Register reports Nicholas Glenn Wilcox was charged with production of child pornography and other counts.
Court papers alleged that someone with a Facebook profile claiming to be 15-year-old girl from Detroit sent the 16-year-old boy explicit photos of a teen girl. That person convinced the boy to send explicit photos and video in return and give his cell phone number.
Authorities alleged a man then called the teen demanding that he takes pornographic images of himself. When the teen refused, the man threatened to post the nude photos the boy had shared online.
Investigators said they followed the online track back to Wilcox.
Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.