Sketch Released Of Suspect Wanted For Assaulting Joggers In Fairfield
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
FAIRFIELD (CBS13) – Police investigators have released the sketch of a man wanted in a series of sex assaults in the Fairfield area.
The incidents happened between Aug. 2 and 3, according to the Fairfield Police Department. Investigators believe all three incidents were committed by the same man, police say.
The first incident happened just after noon Aug. 2 along Linear Trail, near Northwood Drive and Lopes Road. A woman walking on the trail reported that a man came up to her, tried talking to her, then started making inappropriate comments as she walked away.
Less than 20 minutes later, a 16-year-old jogging near Oakbrook Drive in the Cordelia area reported that a man walked up behind her, asked her for directions, but then starting sexually assaulting her.
An extensive search of the area – involving police and California Highway Patrol – turned up nothing, police say.
Then, on Aug. 3 around 6:30 p.m., another woman jogging was assaulted by a man who walked up behind her. This attack happened near Lopes Road and Summer Grove Drive.
Tuesday night, investigators released a composite sketch of the suspect believed to be responsible for all three attacks. Police further describe the suspect as a young man of average height with a slim build, narrow jaw line, light brown to reddish-colored hair and thin beard.
Anyone who knows who the suspect may be is asked to call the Fairfield Police Department at (707) 428-7345.