Man Shot Dead Backstage At Wiz Khalifa Concert
Don't Miss This
- CHP Officers, Teacher Help Santa Deliver Presents To Boy Who Didn’t Get Visit Last Year
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif. (AP) — Police say a 38-year-old man has died after being shot multiple times during a concert at a popular Silicon Valley music venue.
Mountain View police spokeswoman Shino Tanaka said the shooting happened backstage at Shoreline Amphitheatre, where Pittsburgh rapper Wiz Khalifa performed Friday night. The unidentified victim died at a local hospital Saturday.
Police rushed to the outdoor venue after receiving multiple calls that shots had been fired, but officers are still looking for a male suspect believed to be in his 20s. They are asking concertgoers for photos or videos that might provide clues.
Tanaka tells KTVU-TV that authorities don’t yet know how a gun made it into the amphitheater, where patrons undergo security screening.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)