Man Shot Dead Backstage At Wiz Khalifa Concert
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif. (AP) — Police say a 38-year-old man has died after being shot multiple times during a concert at a popular Silicon Valley music venue.
Mountain View police spokeswoman Shino Tanaka said the shooting happened backstage at Shoreline Amphitheatre, where Pittsburgh rapper Wiz Khalifa performed Friday night. The unidentified victim died at a local hospital Saturday.
Police rushed to the outdoor venue after receiving multiple calls that shots had been fired, but officers are still looking for a male suspect believed to be in his 20s. They are asking concertgoers for photos or videos that might provide clues.
Tanaka tells KTVU-TV that authorities don’t yet know how a gun made it into the amphitheater, where patrons undergo security screening.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)