Man Shot Dead Backstage At Wiz Khalifa Concert
Don't Miss This
- Woman Walking With 2-Year-Old Son Hit, Killed By Man Driving Drunk
- Citrus Heights Gaming Hall Actually Slashes Crime In Surrounding Area
- Starting Tuesday, California Law Requires Drivers To Give Cyclists 3 Feet Of Space On Road
- Missing Christian Brothers High School Volleyball Coach Found Alive In Oregon
- Police Detain ‘Django Unchained’ Actress In LA
Get Breaking News First
MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif. (AP) — Police say a 38-year-old man has died after being shot multiple times during a concert at a popular Silicon Valley music venue.
Mountain View police spokeswoman Shino Tanaka said the shooting happened backstage at Shoreline Amphitheatre, where Pittsburgh rapper Wiz Khalifa performed Friday night. The unidentified victim died at a local hospital Saturday.
Police rushed to the outdoor venue after receiving multiple calls that shots had been fired, but officers are still looking for a male suspect believed to be in his 20s. They are asking concertgoers for photos or videos that might provide clues.
Tanaka tells KTVU-TV that authorities don’t yet know how a gun made it into the amphitheater, where patrons undergo security screening.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)