Tesla Building I-80 Sierra Supercharger Station
Don't Miss This
- Yuba City Officer, Woman Shot Overnight
- Roseville Cuddling Business In High Demand As Holiday Season Approaches
- Woodland Police Acquire MRAP Rejected By Davis City Council Amid Police Militarization Debate
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
TRUCKEE (AP) — Tesla Motors is building a supercharger station in the Sierra north of Lake Tahoe where drivers of their electric cars can recharge along U.S. Interstate 80 between Sacramento and Reno, Nevada.
Tesla officials announced plans earlier to build a station near Truckee about 30 miles southwest of Reno, but haven’t confirmed an exact location or opening date.
The Sierra Sun reported this week that six charging bays with “Tesla” labels have been delivered to a taped off site in Truckee with construction equipment behind the Safeway on Donner Pass Road.
Assistant Truckee town manager Alex Terrazas confirmed Tesla pulled the required permits and paid the appropriate fees.
Information from: Sierra Sun.
Copyright 2014 The Associated Press.