Tesla Building I-80 Sierra Supercharger Station
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
TRUCKEE (AP) — Tesla Motors is building a supercharger station in the Sierra north of Lake Tahoe where drivers of their electric cars can recharge along U.S. Interstate 80 between Sacramento and Reno, Nevada.
Tesla officials announced plans earlier to build a station near Truckee about 30 miles southwest of Reno, but haven’t confirmed an exact location or opening date.
The Sierra Sun reported this week that six charging bays with “Tesla” labels have been delivered to a taped off site in Truckee with construction equipment behind the Safeway on Donner Pass Road.
Assistant Truckee town manager Alex Terrazas confirmed Tesla pulled the required permits and paid the appropriate fees.
Information from: Sierra Sun.
Copyright 2014 The Associated Press.