Tesla Building I-80 Sierra Supercharger Station
Don't Miss This
- Jury Convicts Man Of Killing Ex-Girlfriend In Winters
- Apple CEO Tim Cook Publicly Acknowledges He’s Gay
- Terminally Ill Woman May Postpone Taking Her Life
- Turlock Designer’s Idea Puts Quick, Complex Games In Your Pocket
- How Did Luis Enrique Monroy-Bracamonte Hide In United States Illegally Until Deputy Killings?
Get Breaking News First
TRUCKEE (AP) — Tesla Motors is building a supercharger station in the Sierra north of Lake Tahoe where drivers of their electric cars can recharge along U.S. Interstate 80 between Sacramento and Reno, Nevada.
Tesla officials announced plans earlier to build a station near Truckee about 30 miles southwest of Reno, but haven’t confirmed an exact location or opening date.
The Sierra Sun reported this week that six charging bays with “Tesla” labels have been delivered to a taped off site in Truckee with construction equipment behind the Safeway on Donner Pass Road.
Assistant Truckee town manager Alex Terrazas confirmed Tesla pulled the required permits and paid the appropriate fees.
Information from: Sierra Sun.
Copyright 2014 The Associated Press.