Velocity Island Drawing International Wakeboarding Attention To Woodland
Don't Miss This
- Family Vacation Turns Into Nightmare When Hurricane Odile Leaves Them Stranded In Cabo
- Puddles At The Dog Park: Owners Say Roseville Parks Department Overwatering Grass
- Woman Walking With 2-Year-Old Son Hit, Killed By Man Driving Drunk
- Citrus Heights Gaming Hall Actually Slashes Crime In Surrounding Area
- Starting Tuesday, California Law Requires Drivers To Give Cyclists 3 Feet Of Space On Road
Get Breaking News First
WOODLAND (CBS13) — A new wakeboarding park in Woodland is making waves, gaining international attention for its cutting-edge features.
If you drive on Interstate 5 through Woodland, chances are you’ve seen Velocity Island Park. The brand-new park is one of only two in California.
The cables use electricity, eliminating the need for a boat, attracting visitors from Canada, France and Germany.
The park’s lead maintenance director says the park will also attract Sierra snowboarders during the offseason.
Owners say the park uses well water and sits on city-owned land, meaning revenue for the city.