Velocity Island Drawing International Wakeboarding Attention To Woodland
Don't Miss This
- CHP Officers, Teacher Help Santa Deliver Presents To Boy Who Didn’t Get Visit Last Year
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
WOODLAND (CBS13) — A new wakeboarding park in Woodland is making waves, gaining international attention for its cutting-edge features.
If you drive on Interstate 5 through Woodland, chances are you’ve seen Velocity Island Park. The brand-new park is one of only two in California.
The cables use electricity, eliminating the need for a boat, attracting visitors from Canada, France and Germany.
The park’s lead maintenance director says the park will also attract Sierra snowboarders during the offseason.
Owners say the park uses well water and sits on city-owned land, meaning revenue for the city.