Velocity Island Drawing International Wakeboarding Attention To Woodland
Don't Miss This
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
- Thieves Ransack Rio Linda Airman’s Home While He Was Deployed Overseas
- Fresno Man Who Killed Co-Worker, Cut Out Heart, Released From Prison Over Governor’s Objection
- Jackson Teen Leading Rally Against Washington Redskins’ Name At San Francisco 49ers Game
WOODLAND (CBS13) — A new wakeboarding park in Woodland is making waves, gaining international attention for its cutting-edge features.
If you drive on Interstate 5 through Woodland, chances are you’ve seen Velocity Island Park. The brand-new park is one of only two in California.
The cables use electricity, eliminating the need for a boat, attracting visitors from Canada, France and Germany.
The park’s lead maintenance director says the park will also attract Sierra snowboarders during the offseason.
Owners say the park uses well water and sits on city-owned land, meaning revenue for the city.