Velocity Island Drawing International Wakeboarding Attention To Woodland
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
WOODLAND (CBS13) — A new wakeboarding park in Woodland is making waves, gaining international attention for its cutting-edge features.
If you drive on Interstate 5 through Woodland, chances are you’ve seen Velocity Island Park. The brand-new park is one of only two in California.
The cables use electricity, eliminating the need for a boat, attracting visitors from Canada, France and Germany.
The park’s lead maintenance director says the park will also attract Sierra snowboarders during the offseason.
Owners say the park uses well water and sits on city-owned land, meaning revenue for the city.