CITRUS HEIGHTS (CBS13) – A Citrus Heights family has been displaced after a house fire overnight.

Around 3:20 a.m., a fire broke out in the bedroom of a home on Mistletoe Way. The home quickly filled with smoke as the residents — two women and two children — made it out safety. They brought a dog and a rabbit out with them, but their second dog wasn’t so lucky. It died in the fire, according to a Metro Fire spokesperson.

One of the women was taken to a local hospital to be treated for unknown injuries.

The back bedroom has been declared a complete loss and the rest of the house has smoke damage.

Firefighters do not suspect foul play in the cause of the fire. They are still investigating to see if smoke alarms were working.


Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s