WATCH: CBS13 News Is On The Air
Affordable Care Act
Health Insurance FAQs
Understanding Health Care In America Today
- U.S. Supreme Exempts Businesses From Contraception Mandate A sharply divided Supreme Court ruled Monday that some companies with religious objections can avoid the contraceptives requirement in President Barack Obama's health care overhaul, the first time the high court has declared that businesses can hold...
- Calif. Regulators Investigating Whether Medical Insurers Misled Consumers About Doctors California regulators are investigating whether two giant medical insurers misled consumers about which doctors they covered under federal health care reform packages.
- Spike In San Joaquin County Whooping Cough Cases Prompts Health Warning Officials say the number of cases has reached epidemic levels, with nearly 2,700 cases reported statewide in 2014, and the highest monthly total since 2010.
- Governor Considers Suing Oracle Over Cover Oregon Online Health Exchange Debacle In a letter to Attorney General Ellen Rosenblum, Gov. John Kitzhaber said he has fired state managers in charge of Cover Oregon, and now it's time to hold accountable the website's main technology contractor.
- 1.2 Million Enroll In California Health Plans California's health exchange says more than 1.2 million Californians enrolled in private insurance plans by the initial deadline earlier this week.
- Covered California Sends Deaf Callers To Hotline Offering 'Hot Ladies' On the deadline to sign up for health coverage through Covered California, some hearing-impaired residents were sent to a chat line offering 'hot ladies' instead of an insurance navigator.
- Folsom Company Says Covered California Plan It Paid For Hasn't Arrived The company has made three payments of $3,700 each. Each check has been cashed by Covered California, yet no account numbers or cards have been delivered.
- Couple Says Covered California Plan Saved Woman's Life She couldn’t afford insurance until she and her husband bill signed up for Kaiser coverage through the health exchange. Her first mammogram in years revealed a potentially life-threatening problem that’s now been fixed.
- Man's Back Surgery On Hold As Doctors Deny Covered California Coverage He needs his surgery yesterday. But instead of scheduling his date, he and his wife are navigating a confusing maze of doctors and insurance plans.
- Sacramento Man Posts His $55,000 Appendectomy Bill On Reddit Nic Gonzalez accepts the bill, but wanted to share it online so people could see the latest example of the high cost of health insurance in the United States.