Affordable Care Act
Health Insurance FAQs
Understanding Health Care In America Today
- 1.2 Million Enroll In California Health Plans California's health exchange says more than 1.2 million Californians enrolled in private insurance plans by the initial deadline earlier this week.
- Covered California Sends Deaf Callers To Hotline Offering 'Hot Ladies' On the deadline to sign up for health coverage through Covered California, some hearing-impaired residents were sent to a chat line offering 'hot ladies' instead of an insurance navigator.
- Folsom Company Says Covered California Plan It Paid For Hasn't Arrived The company has made three payments of $3,700 each. Each check has been cashed by Covered California, yet no account numbers or cards have been delivered.
- Couple Says Covered California Plan Saved Woman's Life She couldn’t afford insurance until she and her husband bill signed up for Kaiser coverage through the health exchange. Her first mammogram in years revealed a potentially life-threatening problem that’s now been fixed.
- Man's Back Surgery On Hold As Doctors Deny Covered California Coverage He needs his surgery yesterday. But instead of scheduling his date, he and his wife are navigating a confusing maze of doctors and insurance plans.
- Sacramento Man Posts His $55,000 Appendectomy Bill On Reddit Nic Gonzalez accepts the bill, but wanted to share it online so people could see the latest example of the high cost of health insurance in the United States.
- Obamacare Enrollment In California: Over 150,000 So Far Over 150,000 residents of California have successfully enrolled so far. California has more than seven million uninsured residents.
- Election Watch: Will Obamacare Hurt Democrats In 2014? Less than a year from now, voters head to the polls for the 2014 midterm elections.
- Obamacare Key Dates In 2014 Implementation of the health reform law continues through 2014 with these key dates.
- Three Glaring Changes Needed To Fix Obamacare Some immediate fixes can address problems that are becoming evident as provisions of the new law take effect.