Affordable Care Act
Health Insurance FAQs
Understanding Health Care In America Today
- Couple Says Covered California Plan Saved Woman's Life She couldn’t afford insurance until she and her husband bill signed up for Kaiser coverage through the health exchange. Her first mammogram in years revealed a potentially life-threatening problem that’s now been fixed.
- Man's Back Surgery On Hold As Doctors Deny Covered California Coverage He needs his surgery yesterday. But instead of scheduling his date, he and his wife are navigating a confusing maze of doctors and insurance plans.
- Sacramento Man Posts His $55,000 Appendectomy Bill On Reddit Nic Gonzalez accepts the bill, but wanted to share it online so people could see the latest example of the high cost of health insurance in the United States.
- Obamacare Enrollment In California: Over 150,000 So Far Over 150,000 residents of California have successfully enrolled so far. California has more than seven million uninsured residents.
- Election Watch: Will Obamacare Hurt Democrats In 2014? Less than a year from now, voters head to the polls for the 2014 midterm elections.
- Obamacare Key Dates In 2014 Implementation of the health reform law continues through 2014 with these key dates.
- Three Glaring Changes Needed To Fix Obamacare Some immediate fixes can address problems that are becoming evident as provisions of the new law take effect.
- Romneycare Vs. Obamacare: Key Similarities & Differences Can the nation expect to see the same positive results across the country as was seen in Massachusetts?
- Enforcing The Health Law Mandate: What The IRS Can & Can't Do According to one tax expert, the IRS cannot attach a lien to personal assets for not having health insurance.
- Calif. Insurance Commissioner: More Than 1M Californians Having Insurance Cancelled Due To ACA Health insurer Anthem Blue Cross of California has agreed to a two-month extension of about 104,000 individual policies after failing to give the required 90-day cancellation notice.