Affordable Care Act
Health Insurance FAQs
Understanding Health Care In America Today
- What Has The Affordable Care Act Accomplished A Year Later? With almost a year under its belt, has the Affordable Care Act impact as many people as it originally set out to?
- Income Checks Knocking Californians From Health Care Plans To Medi-Cal Some Californians who purchased individual health coverage through the state's insurance exchange are suddenly being dropped or transferred to Medi-Cal, the state Medicaid program for the poor that fewer doctors and providers accept.
- State Says Insurers Must Cover Elective Abortions Health insurance companies in California may not refuse to cover the cost of abortions, state insurance officials have ruled in a reversal of policy stemming from the decision by two Catholic universities to drop elective abortions from their...
- Sacramento Health Care Professional Helps Keep Seniors Right At Home Right At Home offers seniors and disabled seniors options for skilled care to keep them at home.
- U.S. Supreme Exempts Businesses From Contraception Mandate A sharply divided Supreme Court ruled Monday that some companies with religious objections can avoid the contraceptives requirement in President Barack Obama's health care overhaul, the first time the high court has declared that businesses can hold...
- Calif. Regulators Investigating Whether Medical Insurers Misled Consumers About Doctors California regulators are investigating whether two giant medical insurers misled consumers about which doctors they covered under federal health care reform packages.
- Spike In San Joaquin County Whooping Cough Cases Prompts Health Warning Officials say the number of cases has reached epidemic levels, with nearly 2,700 cases reported statewide in 2014, and the highest monthly total since 2010.
- Governor Considers Suing Oracle Over Cover Oregon Online Health Exchange Debacle In a letter to Attorney General Ellen Rosenblum, Gov. John Kitzhaber said he has fired state managers in charge of Cover Oregon, and now it's time to hold accountable the website's main technology contractor.
- 1.2 Million Enroll In California Health Plans California's health exchange says more than 1.2 million Californians enrolled in private insurance plans by the initial deadline earlier this week.
- Covered California Sends Deaf Callers To Hotline Offering 'Hot Ladies' On the deadline to sign up for health coverage through Covered California, some hearing-impaired residents were sent to a chat line offering 'hot ladies' instead of an insurance navigator.