- Call Kurtis: Half A Dozen People Rented The Same Home Hill who is battling cancer says when he showed up to the home, he ran into half a dozen people who said they paid for the same room.
- Call Kurtis: Some Companies Can Apply Charges to Bank Cards After They Expire Linda Steiger says internet security company McAfee managed to get money out of her bank account, even after her debit card expired.
- Call Kurtis: SiriusXM Charges Customer 50 Times The Agreed Upon Price Ruffin got three free months of Sirius X-M Satellite radio after buying a new van. She said the company then offered five months for $25. So why did SiriusXM pluck $417 out of her bank account leaving her with just $20?
- Call Kurtis: I Was Charged For Running Toll in Truck That Doesn't Run When a second bill arrived, Kolesar said his new bill was for $105.90 for not paying in time and if he doesn't pay, he faces a vehicle registration lien.
- Call Kurtis: Cemetery Requires Families Pay for Theft, Vandalism to Crypts Marsha Kirby said someone stole the brass name plate right off her mother's crypt. When the cemetery demanded $1,600 to replace it, it was time to Call Kurtis.
- Call Kurtis: Smart & Stupid Black Friday Buys You may get a good deal on generic brand TV's, but James says you should be careful of these door busters. Some of these low end TV's are only produced for Black Friday as confirmed to us undercover by a Best Buy worker.
- Call Kurtis: City Charging Yard Waste Fees To People With No Yards The people who live at Tapestri Square on U Street want to know why the City of Sacramento is charging them $10.35 a month for a yard waste container. They say they don't have yards.
- Call Kurtis: Stolen Car Victim Says She Was Victimized Twice By Tow Charges The California Highway Patrol had it towed to City Wide Towing of Lodi where she learned, she'd have to pay more than $300 to get it out. If she couldn't come up with that money, it would cost $50 a day to store it.
- Call Kurtis Investigates: As Many as 1 in 50 Death Certificates May Have Mistakes Weeks after his death, she realized Sutter Memorial Hospital made a mistake marking his death on his death certificate as July 14th, instead of July 15th.
- Call Kurtis: My 49ers Ticket Turned Out To Be A Parking Pass! Talley Soriano was excited to find a 49ers ticket for the Thanksgiving Day game against the Seattle Seahawks. After she bought it, she called Ticketmaster, the company behind the ticket exchange. It was only then that she realized her seat wasn't...