- Call Kurtis: Cemetery Requires Families Pay for Theft, Vandalism to Crypts Marsha Kirby said someone stole the brass name plate right off her mother's crypt. When the cemetery demanded $1,600 to replace it, it was time to Call Kurtis.
- Call Kurtis: Smart & Stupid Black Friday Buys You may get a good deal on generic brand TV's, but James says you should be careful of these door busters. Some of these low end TV's are only produced for Black Friday as confirmed to us undercover by a Best Buy worker.
- Call Kurtis: City Charging Yard Waste Fees To People With No Yards The people who live at Tapestri Square on U Street want to know why the City of Sacramento is charging them $10.35 a month for a yard waste container. They say they don't have yards.
- Call Kurtis: Stolen Car Victim Says She Was Victimized Twice By Tow Charges The California Highway Patrol had it towed to City Wide Towing of Lodi where she learned, she'd have to pay more than $300 to get it out. If she couldn't come up with that money, it would cost $50 a day to store it.
- Call Kurtis Investigates: As Many as 1 in 50 Death Certificates May Have Mistakes Weeks after his death, she realized Sutter Memorial Hospital made a mistake marking his death on his death certificate as July 14th, instead of July 15th.
- Call Kurtis: My 49ers Ticket Turned Out To Be A Parking Pass! Talley Soriano was excited to find a 49ers ticket for the Thanksgiving Day game against the Seattle Seahawks. After she bought it, she called Ticketmaster, the company behind the ticket exchange. It was only then that she realized her seat wasn't...
- Call Kurtis Investigates: Cracks In Some GM Dashboards CBS13 found videos of cracked GM dashboards, and dozens of crashed dashboard complaints online from across the country involving GM Avalanches, Suburbans, Tahoes, Yukons, Silverados and Sierras.
- Call Kurtis Investigates: Are Restaurant Tablets On The Table Spying On You? "Is this a camera or something" our undercover producer asked a Chili’s server. "Oh no, it's not," she answered. Despite what the Chili's server is telling our producer, there is a camera on the restaurant's tablet on the table.
- Call Kurtis: United Booked Minor, Then Wouldn't Let Him Fly United Airlines wouldn't let 11-year-old Adam Handal onto a plane with his 15-year-old sister -- even though the airline booked them both their flights over the phone!
- Call Kurtis: Why Is It Taking So Long To Get My DMV Legacy Plates? Working to restore his 1968 Firebird, Tony Mayorga was among the first to pre-order a 60's style black and yellow California license plate, when the DMV announced in 2013 they may bring back the legacy plates.