WATCH: CBS13 News Is On The Air
- Call Kurtis: The Spa Won't Let Me Use My Gift Certificate Despite California's law that says gift cards don't expire, a college grad learned she could not use her $75 gift certificate to a Sacramento spa she's enjoyed.
- Call Kurtis: Google Has My Financial Aid Money And Won't Give It Back Alex transferred all his financial aid into Google Wallet, a mobile payment system. Then, without warning, Google Wallet closed his account and Alex was cut off from his money.
- Call Kurtis Investigates: How Easy Is it To Find Answers to Your Security Questions? CBS13 ran an experiment, inviting two victims of identity theft to our station, where we asked which security questions they are asked the most. Luanne and Leah both said they're commonly asked their mother's maiden name and their birth date. We...
- Call Kurtis Investigates: Are You Getting Shorted At the Grocery Store? Food products for sale are packaged with a printed weight or size -- the minimum amount that's supposed to be in the container for customers. But how do you know that printed label is accurate?
- Call Kurtis Investigates: State Bill Aims to Simplify Pet Insurance Coverage A new state bill that would simplify terms for pet insurance policies is advancing through the state legislature, aiming to keep the $750-million industry on a shorter leash.
- Call Kurtis: My Fiancé Died And Wedding Venue Owner Refuses To Refund My Wedding Deposit In January, Amanda’s fiancé, Bryson, was killed trying to cross I-80 after his car broke down. CBS13 was on scene the day of the tragic accident.
- Call Kurtis: My Microwave Repairman Won't Put My Microwave Back In Liz Perry used her home warranty to fix her microwave, but when repairman left a giant hole in her kitchen, it was time to Call Kurtis.
- Call Kurtis: FedEx Broke My Antique Chair, Then Refused To Pay My Insurance Claim Jamie Meredith said FedEx damaged her antique chair and wouldn't pay her insurance claim. "It looks like someone threw it," she said.
- Call Kurtis Investigates: Home Warranty Company Operates Illegally in California Ernie Hills of Sacramento says when his stove quit working, Colonial Home Warranty offered him a $35 buyout, saying the expensive part wasn't available.
- Call Kurtis: Fake Vacation Rental Scam Uses Real Name Jay agreed, so Tim sent him half the money, $1050, via PayPal. But, he said the person on the other end of the emails quit responding, and Tim thought he was out his money,