- Call Kurtis: Decade-Long Quest to Return Ring Kelly Marlow has spent 14 years trying to return a class ring that belongs to someone else. She was given the ring years ago. Kelly said a man handed her the 10k gold women’s band when she worked as a bartender. After hitting roadblocks, she asked...
- Call Kurtis Investigates: Mexican Timeshare Nightmare Pete and Sue High of Auburn say they were approached while shopping in town. The man offered them $450 to attend a ninety presentation at the luxurious Puerto Bahia Villas and Spa. “That was the start of the nightmare,” Pete said.
- Call Kurtis: People Around The World Say Their Pictures On The Cloud Vanished Companies are offering up space to store pictures and videos that you can access from almost any computer or phone. But, how do you know if those prized memories will be there when you want them?
- Call Kurtis: Can Prepaid Cards for Services Expire? Shannon Carlson of Natomas wondered if this applied to prepaid cards for services too. She brings her daughter to indoor playground Climbaroo in Natomas which normally costs between eight and ten dollars a visit. Shannon bought what is called a...
- Call Kurtis: Experts Warn Of Battery Hazards Hiding In Homes It’s a hazard that may be hiding in your junk drawer – batteries. Storing them incorrectly can cause your house to catch fire.
- Call Kurtis: Consumer Groups Fighting Bill That Discloses Recalled Cars She was even more surprised to learn, the law does not specifically bar dealerships from selling used cars with open recalls. Consumer advocate Rosemary Shahan has spent years trying to get laws passed forcing dealers to make the repairs.
- Call Kurtis: My New Home Has A Defective Door Neighbors say they’re having issues with their new homes. They say it has to do with the keyless locks on the back doors.
- Call Kurtis: My New Fridge Destroyed My Food Six months after buying their Samsung fridge, Kristen Morris says it suddenly just stopped working. The warranty covered the refrigerator repair, but Kristen said Samsung would not cover the cost of the food she lost.
- Call Kurtis: I Paid To Renew A Magazine, Where Is It? When a notice of renewal from Subscription Billing Service showed up in the mail, Ron paid it by sending them a check for $89.95. But, he said the magazine stopped being delivered.
- Call Kurtis: Pharmacists Concerned Employer Pressure Leads to Prescription Errors CBS13 has learned the California Board of Pharmacy has fined pharmacies a thousand times in the past two years for prescription errors.