- Call Kurtis Investigates: State Bill Aims to Simplify Pet Insurance Coverage A new state bill that would simplify terms for pet insurance policies is advancing through the state legislature, aiming to keep the $750-million industry on a shorter leash.
- Call Kurtis: My Fiancé Died And Wedding Venue Owner Refuses To Refund My Wedding Deposit In January, Amanda’s fiancé, Bryson, was killed trying to cross I-80 after his car broke down. CBS13 was on scene the day of the tragic accident.
- Call Kurtis: My Microwave Repairman Won't Put My Microwave Back In Liz Perry used her home warranty to fix her microwave, but when repairman left a giant hole in her kitchen, it was time to Call Kurtis.
- Call Kurtis: FedEx Broke My Antique Chair, Then Refused To Pay My Insurance Claim Jamie Meredith said FedEx damaged her antique chair and wouldn't pay her insurance claim. "It looks like someone threw it," she said.
- Call Kurtis Investigates: Home Warranty Company Operates Illegally in California Ernie Hills of Sacramento says when his stove quit working, Colonial Home Warranty offered him a $35 buyout, saying the expensive part wasn't available.
- Call Kurtis: Fake Vacation Rental Scam Uses Real Name Jay agreed, so Tim sent him half the money, $1050, via PayPal. But, he said the person on the other end of the emails quit responding, and Tim thought he was out his money,
- Call Kurtis Investigates: Sacramento Metro Fire Begins Refunding Homeowners $1.3M In Wrongly Collected Taxes Property owners across Rancho Cordova are finally getting their refund checks after a Call Kurtis investigation uncovered a fire district planned not to return $1.3 million in taxes collected illegally.
- Call Kurtis: Need to Rebook a Flight? Why Your Travel Credit May Not Last As Long As You Think When United Airlines told Greg Reichhold his $633 air travel credit had already expired, it was time to Call Kurtis.
- Call Kurtis: Company Says Driveway Crack Is Fixed, But It's Still Here! A contractor insists Barbara Foy's cracked driveway is now fixed -- but Call Kurtis found that simply wasn't true.
- Call Kurtis: Travel Insurance Won't Cover Cancellations Due To Unrest In Ukraine A Fairfield mother bought travel insurance for her trip to Ukraine before protests and deadly clashes broke out. Now her insurance won't cover it.