Latest Sacramento Healthwatch
California’s health insurance exchange is set to provide the first detailed information about the roughly 60,000 people who have signed up for coverage since open enrollment under the federal health care reforms began Oct. 1.
University of California hospital employees picketed Wednesday at medical centers across the state in response to what union leaders called intimidation and harassment from management against workers who took part in a two-day walkout in May.
A Carmichael hospital is standing by its decision to stop helping a dying cancer patient after a hospice nurse felt unsafe in the woman’s Sacramento neighborhood.
A Northern California Costco store is recalling thousands of additional rotisserie chickens over concerns about salmonella.
The U.S. Department of Agriculture is issuing a public health alert for raw chicken packaged at three Foster Farms facilities in California after 278 people have fallen ill.
- Lawmakers Approve Health Insurance Protections 2013/04/29
- Study: Female Brains Are Smaller Than Male Brains, But Used More Efficiently 2013/03/04
- ER Visits Tied To Energy Drinks Double Since 2007 2013/01/16
- Study: Overweight Circle Of Friends Likely To Cause Weight Gains 2012/07/19
- July 4 Is The Deadliest Day For Teen Drivers 2012/06/29
- Potato Chip Promises Energy Boost 2012/04/18