Latest Sacramento Healthwatch
Telemedicine is the next wave of medical care. It’s called Doctor on Demand co-founded by Jay McGraw, son of television therapist Dr. Phil McGraw.
A small number of children in California have been afflicted with polio-like illnesses that led to paralysis in one or more limbs.
Oregon leads the nation in the percentage of kids entering kindergarten with non-medical waivers for one or more vaccinations. State health officials hope a law taking effect March 1 changes that by requiring parents to get the facts before opting out.
Federal data show that California’s health exchange is more than halfway toward meetings its goal of 1.3 million people signing up for individual insurance policies by the March 31 enrollment deadline.
The flu has claimed the life of its first victim in Plumas County. Health officials say the senior passed away last week after being hospitalized from influenza.
- Study: Infants Can ‘Catch’ Stress From Their Mothers 02/04/2014
- Study: Men Who Marry At Age 25 Or Older Have Better Bone Health 01/24/2014
- 7 Confirmed Dead In Calif. From Flu Virus 01/10/2014
- Sacramento Man Posts His $55,000 Appendectomy Bill On Reddit 01/01/2014
- Pet Medical Insurance Becoming More Attractive To Pet Owners As They Opt For Procedures 12/22/2013
- Covered California Enrollment Numbers Still Lower Than Expected 12/14/2013