Latest Sacramento Politics
With the king-sized comeback now complete, Sacramento Mayor Kevin Johnson ‘s career is now in the spotlight. And at least one political strategist says he’s primed for a high-profile future.
The state’s independent budget analyst said Friday that California will take in $3.2 billion more than Gov. Jerry Brown estimated, providing Democratic lawmakers an argument to funnel more money into state programs and setting up a spending showdown with the administration.
California was among three states in April that experienced the sharpest drops in unemployment, with its rate falling to 9 percent.
It’s going to get tougher to get someone on the phone to answer your unemployment and disability questions soon.
SACRAMENTO (AP) – Gov. Jerry Brown’s latest budget proposes a $17 billion infusion for California’s K-12 schools over the next four years, a dramatic turn-around after years of teacher layoffs and program cuts that were […]
Despite surging state tax revenue, Gov. Jerry Brown on Tuesday announced a spending plan for the coming fiscal year that is $1.2 billion lower than he projected in January.
- Democrats At Odds Over Handling State Budget Surplus 2013/05/13
- Democrats At Odds Over California Budget Surplus 2013/05/13
- Assembly Bill Would Allow Transgender Students To Use Facilities They Identify With CBS13/CW31–2013/05/09
- Calif. Sues JPMorgan Chase Over Debt Collection 2013/05/09
- Gov. Brown On Bay Bridge Concerns: ‘S*** Happens’ 2013/05/07
- Brown, Democrats Wrangle Over Medicaid Expansion 2013/05/05