Latest Tournament News
- Brad Waldow Delivering The Goods For Saint Mary's While winning the regular season WCC is out of the question, Saint Mary's gets a shot at winning the conference tourney (March 5-10 in Paradise, Nevada), something that would automatically qualify the Gaels for March Madness and the big dance.
- UConn Routs Notre Dame 79-58, Wins 9th Title Geno Auriemma and UConn reached the top of women's college basketball in unprecedented fashion. After winning a record ninth national championship - they stand alone. The Huskies reached the pinnacle in style, routing Notre Dame in the first NCAA...
- Rising Star: Kentucky Guard James Young Young scored 20 points for Kentucky last night, twice as many as the next highest-scoring Wildcat, in a 60-54 loss to Connecticut. This was Young's ninth 20-plus point game and he led Kentucky with 17 in the Final Four win over Wisconsin.
- Five Things: UConn’s Defense, Foul Shooting Fuel Championship Last night, the Huskies cut down the nets in Dallas after beating Kentucky 60-54 to win the school's fourth national championship. Consider that Kentucky needed four straight late escapes to reach the final and you get a sense for what kind of...
- Connecticut Wins NCAA Title, 60-54 Over Kentucky Shabazz Napier scored 22 points and Connecticut won its second NCAA title in four years, beating all those Kentucky freshmen 60-54 in the championship game Monday night.
- National Championship Matchup: #8 Kentucky Vs. #7 Connecticut No. 8-seeded Kentucky stunned No. 2-seeded Michigan in the Elite Eight and shut down Wisconsin’s Frank Kaminsky and the Badgers offense in the Final Four.
- Five Things: Kentucky And UConn To Play For Title The wildest NCAA Tournament of the modern era culminates with an 8 seed versus a 7 seed for the championship. Kentucky, a 74-73 winner over Wisconsin on Saturday, will face Connecticut, which upset Florida 64-53.