Pro Football Kickoff
- Questions from the Weekend By: Carmichael Dave Ahhhhh, football is back! I found myself on sensory overload yesterday, taking in as much as I possibly could. All year I prep the mancave for these specific moments. Yesterday’s food of choice ...
- Dave: Aldon Smith to the Raiders? Yep... Who would’ve thunk that a troubled player would leave the San Francisco 49ers to find solace and rebuild himself with the more stable Oakland Raiders….. Several reports have über-talented linebacker Aldon Smith moving across the Bay and joinin...
- The Most Interesting (NFL) Games in the World The NFL released it’s schedule earlier today, leading to hundreds of media outlets (including this one) talking about who has the best chance to make it to the playoffs and the strength of schedule of all 32 NFL teams. This isn’t that sports-hacky...
San Francisco 49ers
- New England Patriots OC Josh McDaniels Passes On San Francisco 49ers Coaching Job He said during a conference call Monday that the decision was what's "best for my family and myself" and that he will stay with the Patriots to focus on this year's playoffs and finish out the season "however it turns out."
- 49ers Interview Sean McVay For Coach, Brandon Beane For GM The San Francisco 49ers interviewed Washington offensive coordinator Sean McVay for the team's vacant head coaching job and Carolina assistant general manager Brandon Beane for the GM job on Monday.
- 49ers Interview Eliot Wolf For GM Opening The San Francisco 49ers are interviewing Green Bay Packers director of football operations Eliot Wolf for their general manager vacancy.
- Cautionary Tale For the Raiders: You Still Have to Improve This year was fun, next year should be too but be careful, you have arrived but you still need to get better.
- Oakland Raiders Replacing Offensive Coordinator Bill Musgrave Musgrave helped develop one of the NFL's top offenses in his two seasons in Oakland as Carr grew from an up-and-down rookie season before Musgrave arrived into a possible MVP candidate this season.
- Raiders Look To Build On 1st Playoff Berth In 14 Years Instead of thoughts of a Super Bowl, the Raiders lost a chance at the division and then their first playoff game in 14 years with a 27-14 loss to Houston on Saturday.