Latest Sacramento Weather
Dan Sherry is a city engineer in charge of changing that. He says Sacramento has about 62,000 unmetered homes—about 45 percent—more than any city in the state, but not anymore.
The Great Wolf Resort Indoor Water Park could be good for tourism, but many wonder if it’s a good idea during the drought.
“I knew there was going to be hail, but I never witnessed hail like that,” said Dino Mencarini. “It came down pretty hard. It came down pretty hard. Our parking lot was just white.”
Felicia Marcus with the State Water Resources Control Board says Californians should brace for a possible Australian-type of drought. That country was hammered with dry conditions for 10 long years.
American Water serves more than 180,000 people and businesses in Sacramento and Placer counties. But as the drought drags on, and if customers begin to waste water, the utility company says it may be forced to take drastic measures.
- By The Numbers: California Water Districts Face Up To 35 Percent Cuts In Drought 04/07/2015
- Manteca Cracking Down On Lawns After 25 Percent Water Use Increase In Drought 04/07/2015
- Spring Storm Brings Thunderstorms, Funnel Clouds To Sacramento, Welcome Snow To Sierra 04/07/2015
- Poor Statewide Conservation Prompts California To Develop Water-Waste Snitching System 04/07/2015
- NWS: Funnel Cloud Spotted North Of Sacramento 04/07/2015
- Drought-Stricken California Residents Scramble For Rain Barrels To Save Tuesday’s Storm 04/06/2015