A Sacramento man was arrested Wednesday for allegedly invoicing Caltrans for print ads his company was supposed to create and run in local newspapers, but never did, Caltrans says.
California Attorney General Kamala Harris was in Washington, D.C., on Wednesday to lobby Congress and the Justice Department for more money to hire state and local law enforcement officers.
Legislation that has the backing of California’s attorney general would close a loophole in the nation’s toughest assault weapons law, making it more difficult for guns to be swiftly reloaded with high-capacity magazines.
According to state Attorney General Kamala Harris, 1,209 guns were recently taken from those barred from gun possession and from others deemed to be mentally unstable.
Kamala Harris had an early start punching through barriers. Today, Harris, 46, is herself leading the way: She is California’s first female attorney general and the first minority to hold the job.
Democrat Kamala Harris has been sworn in as attorney general, becoming the first woman and first minority to hold California’s top law enforcement office.
- News Photos Namaste: Yoga Poses For... 2013 Draft Lottery Party Baseball Shots Of The Week –...
- Board Of Governors Vote Party... Best Summer Dishes CBS 2013-2014 Prime Time Shows Flash Forward: Concept Cars...
- Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Best Summer Festivals and... Sacramento's Most Wanted Baseball Shots Of The Week –...
- Best Mexican Cuisine Celebrities With Asthma Baseball Shots Of The Week –... New Kings Arena Renderings
- Text 13NEWS to 84816 to sign up for breaking news text alerts.
- Click here to sign up for breaking news email alerts