Electricians at Sacramento International Airport are trying to find the source of a power outage that’s forced the closure of a security screening station at the airport.
The storms are long gone, but there are thousands of homes still in the dark in Calaveras and Tuolumne County.
A major power outage has reportedly cut service to 11,782 customers in the Florin area of South Sacramento.
An underground wiring problem knocked out power to about 3,000 customers in Folsom early Friday, according to SMUD.
The latest in a series of powerful storm systems is bearing down on California, pelting mountain areas with heavy rain, snow and high winds, prompting evacuations and leaving thousands without power.
- Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Board Of Governors Vote Party... Best Summer Dishes CBS 2013-2014 Prime Time Shows
- Flash Forward: Concept Cars... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Best Summer Festivals and... Sacramento's Most Wanted
- Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Best Mexican Cuisine Celebrities With Asthma Baseball Shots Of The Week –...
- New Kings Arena Renderings Best Wedding Dress Styles For... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... NBA Cheerleaders – April 19,...
- Text 13NEWS to 84816 to sign up for breaking news text alerts.
- Click here to sign up for breaking news email alerts