Folsom Bank Robbery Suspect Identified By Coroner
Don't Miss This
- Man Accused Of Stabbing Sacramento Woman To Death Arrested
- Old Sacramento’s Gold Rush Days Panned Because Of Drought
- Colusa Husband And Wife Arrested For Allegedly Kidnapping Teen Who Made Their Child Cry
- Dolls Lefts On Doorsteps Were Meant To Spread Cheer Not Chill
- 5 Women Who Have Been Killin’ It This Summer
Get Breaking News First
FOLSOM (CBS13) – The Sacramento County Coroner’s Office has identified the man fatally shot after a bank robbery in Folsom on Tuesday.
Joseph Carmelo Riso, 32, was shot by a Sacramento County sheriff’s deputy after a foot pursuit led officers to a home near the bank in the 1300 block of School Street.
The coroner’s office lists Riso’s city of residence as La Quinta, in Riverside County.
Riso was fatally shot by a sheriff’s deputy who responded to a call for assistance from Folsom police in a foot pursuit after the Wells Fargo Bank robbery on E. Bidwell Street.
Officers pursued Riso on foot for about 20 minutes until he ran through the home on School Street occupied by four children and their parents.
The deputy and a Folsom officer entered the home and encountered Riso in a back bedroom. Several shots were fired and he was fatally shot once in the back.