Folsom Bank Robbery Suspect Identified By Coroner
Don't Miss This
- Roseville Woman Run Over By Own SUV, Dies
- U-Haul Crashes Into Citrus Heights Home, Hitting Baby’s Room
- Davis Police MRAP Just One Of Hundreds Of Items Acquired From Military Surplus In Yolo County
- East Porterville Residents Without Water As Wells Go Dry During California Drought
- Police: California Plane Stowaway Arrested At Phoenix Airport
Get Breaking News First
FOLSOM (CBS13) – The Sacramento County Coroner’s Office has identified the man fatally shot after a bank robbery in Folsom on Tuesday.
Joseph Carmelo Riso, 32, was shot by a Sacramento County sheriff’s deputy after a foot pursuit led officers to a home near the bank in the 1300 block of School Street.
The coroner’s office lists Riso’s city of residence as La Quinta, in Riverside County.
Riso was fatally shot by a sheriff’s deputy who responded to a call for assistance from Folsom police in a foot pursuit after the Wells Fargo Bank robbery on E. Bidwell Street.
Officers pursued Riso on foot for about 20 minutes until he ran through the home on School Street occupied by four children and their parents.
The deputy and a Folsom officer entered the home and encountered Riso in a back bedroom. Several shots were fired and he was fatally shot once in the back.