Driver Dead After Fiery Crash Near I-80 In Vallejo
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
VALLEJO (CBS13) – Traffic in the area of Interstate 80 and Highways 37 and 29 was delayed in both directions after a big rig drove off the freeway and caught fire.
The crash happened at around 6:30 a.m. Wednesday, according to CHP officer Rich Wetzel. The truck, owned by ACE Hardware, was driving on Highway 37 when it jumped the freeway guardrail and fell on Highway 29 about 20 feet below, catching fire.
The driver of the big rig has died.
Officers have closed westbound Highway 37, the connector ramps from nearby Interstate Highway 80 to Highway 37, and the connector from southbound Highway 29 to westbound Highway 37.
A second vehicle appears to have been involved in the accident. A pickup truck that was found on westbound Highway 37 after the crash.
Hazmat crews were called to the crash.
Check our traffic page for the latest real-time developments.