Driver Dead After Fiery Crash Near I-80 In Vallejo
Don't Miss This
- Women Respond To Ice Bucket Challenge By Raising Money For California Town With Dry Wells
- Stockton Man Pleads For Return Of Dog Stolen From His Car
- Sketch Released Of Suspect Wanted For 2 Stabbings Near Downtown Sacramento
- Roseville Woman Run Over By Own SUV, Dies
- U-Haul Crashes Into Citrus Heights Home, Hitting Baby’s Room
Get Breaking News First
VALLEJO (CBS13) – Traffic in the area of Interstate 80 and Highways 37 and 29 was delayed in both directions after a big rig drove off the freeway and caught fire.
The crash happened at around 6:30 a.m. Wednesday, according to CHP officer Rich Wetzel. The truck, owned by ACE Hardware, was driving on Highway 37 when it jumped the freeway guardrail and fell on Highway 29 about 20 feet below, catching fire.
The driver of the big rig has died.
Officers have closed westbound Highway 37, the connector ramps from nearby Interstate Highway 80 to Highway 37, and the connector from southbound Highway 29 to westbound Highway 37.
A second vehicle appears to have been involved in the accident. A pickup truck that was found on westbound Highway 37 after the crash.
Hazmat crews were called to the crash.
Check our traffic page for the latest real-time developments.