Driver Dead After Fiery Crash Near I-80 In Vallejo
Don't Miss This
- Kings Rally Late, Win Vegas Summer Title
- 40-Year-Old Mom With Two Kids Becomes NFL Cheerleader
- Raw: Driver Records Cellphone Video Of Stockton Shootout
- Get Ready For More Delays As Interstate 80 Project Will Close Lanes Starting Saturday
- Video: Family, Friends Mourn Death Of Woman Taken Hostage By Bank Robbery Suspects
Get Breaking News First
VALLEJO (CBS13) – Traffic in the area of Interstate 80 and Highways 37 and 29 was delayed in both directions after a big rig drove off the freeway and caught fire.
The crash happened at around 6:30 a.m. Wednesday, according to CHP officer Rich Wetzel. The truck, owned by ACE Hardware, was driving on Highway 37 when it jumped the freeway guardrail and fell on Highway 29 about 20 feet below, catching fire.
The driver of the big rig has died.
Officers have closed westbound Highway 37, the connector ramps from nearby Interstate Highway 80 to Highway 37, and the connector from southbound Highway 29 to westbound Highway 37.
A second vehicle appears to have been involved in the accident. A pickup truck that was found on westbound Highway 37 after the crash.
Hazmat crews were called to the crash.
Check our traffic page for the latest real-time developments.