Sheriff’s Detectives Make Arrest In Rape Attempt Near ARC
Don't Miss This
- Starting Tuesday, California Law Requires Drivers To Give Cyclists 3 Feet Of Space On Road
- Missing Christian Brothers High School Volleyball Coach Found Alive In Oregon
- Police Detain ‘Django Unchained’ Actress In LA
- Researchers Say Sacramento’s Bad Roads Are Bad For Business
- Mountain Lion Linked To Southern California Boy’s Attack Killed By Wildlife Officials
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – Sacramento County sheriff’s detectives have arrested a man suspected of sexually assaulting a woman near American River College last summer.
Ian Clark, was arrested Thursday at the Rio Cosumnes Correctional Center, where he was already in custody on charges of auto theft and felony evasion of a police officer, according to Sgt. Jason Ramos.
A woman was walking along Arcade Creek shortly before 7 on the night of July 16 when Clark allegedly grabbed her from behind, choked her and held a knife to her. Clark reportedly told her he was going to rape and kill her.
She struggled with him and was able to break free.
Evidence recovered from the scene ultimately linked Clark to the attack, Ramos said. Clark now faces additional felony charges including robbery, sexual battery, assault with a deadly weapon and assault with the intent to commit rape.