Sheriff’s Detectives Make Arrest In Rape Attempt Near ARC
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – Sacramento County sheriff’s detectives have arrested a man suspected of sexually assaulting a woman near American River College last summer.
Ian Clark, was arrested Thursday at the Rio Cosumnes Correctional Center, where he was already in custody on charges of auto theft and felony evasion of a police officer, according to Sgt. Jason Ramos.
A woman was walking along Arcade Creek shortly before 7 on the night of July 16 when Clark allegedly grabbed her from behind, choked her and held a knife to her. Clark reportedly told her he was going to rape and kill her.
She struggled with him and was able to break free.
Evidence recovered from the scene ultimately linked Clark to the attack, Ramos said. Clark now faces additional felony charges including robbery, sexual battery, assault with a deadly weapon and assault with the intent to commit rape.