Sheriff’s Detectives Make Arrest In Rape Attempt Near ARC
Don't Miss This
- Man Accused Of Stabbing Sacramento Woman To Death Arrested
- Old Sacramento’s Gold Rush Days Panned Because Of Drought
- Colusa Husband And Wife Arrested For Allegedly Kidnapping Teen Who Made Their Child Cry
- Dolls Lefts On Doorsteps Were Meant To Spread Cheer Not Chill
- 5 Women Who Have Been Killin’ It This Summer
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – Sacramento County sheriff’s detectives have arrested a man suspected of sexually assaulting a woman near American River College last summer.
Ian Clark, was arrested Thursday at the Rio Cosumnes Correctional Center, where he was already in custody on charges of auto theft and felony evasion of a police officer, according to Sgt. Jason Ramos.
A woman was walking along Arcade Creek shortly before 7 on the night of July 16 when Clark allegedly grabbed her from behind, choked her and held a knife to her. Clark reportedly told her he was going to rape and kill her.
She struggled with him and was able to break free.
Evidence recovered from the scene ultimately linked Clark to the attack, Ramos said. Clark now faces additional felony charges including robbery, sexual battery, assault with a deadly weapon and assault with the intent to commit rape.