Woman Allegedly Robs Manteca Bank During Test Drive
Don't Miss This
- CHP Officers, Teacher Help Santa Deliver Presents To Boy Who Didn’t Get Visit Last Year
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
MANTECA (CBS13) – A woman said she was going to buy a car, but first needed a ride to the bank. Then, suddenly, an elderly man is suspected of being the getaway driver in a bank robbery.
CBS13 sat down with the unsuspecting man that found himself in the center of a bank robbery investigation.
It was a wild ride that began at a Bank of America in downtown Manteca, and ended at the elderly man’s home.
“She kind of pulled the top of her purse open, like this and leaned it toward me and said, ‘well I got the money,” said the man.
It was loot from allegedly robbing the bank.
“When she came out of the bank, I didn’t know myself that she robbed the bank,” the victim said.
She, police say, is Gail Castle. The woman came knocking on the 83-year-old’s door a few weeks ago, wanting to buy his car, which wasn’t even for sale.
To seal the deal, Castle asked him to give her a lift to the Bank of America, about two miles away.