Woman Allegedly Robs Manteca Bank During Test Drive
Don't Miss This
- Sketch Released Of Suspect Wanted For 2 Stabbings Near Downtown Sacramento
- Roseville Woman Run Over By Own SUV, Dies
- U-Haul Crashes Into Citrus Heights Home, Hitting Baby’s Room
- Davis Police MRAP Just One Of Hundreds Of Items Acquired From Military Surplus In Yolo County
- East Porterville Residents Without Water As Wells Go Dry During California Drought
Get Breaking News First
MANTECA (CBS13) – A woman said she was going to buy a car, but first needed a ride to the bank. Then, suddenly, an elderly man is suspected of being the getaway driver in a bank robbery.
CBS13 sat down with the unsuspecting man that found himself in the center of a bank robbery investigation.
It was a wild ride that began at a Bank of America in downtown Manteca, and ended at the elderly man’s home.
“She kind of pulled the top of her purse open, like this and leaned it toward me and said, ‘well I got the money,” said the man.
It was loot from allegedly robbing the bank.
“When she came out of the bank, I didn’t know myself that she robbed the bank,” the victim said.
She, police say, is Gail Castle. The woman came knocking on the 83-year-old’s door a few weeks ago, wanting to buy his car, which wasn’t even for sale.
To seal the deal, Castle asked him to give her a lift to the Bank of America, about two miles away.