Stray Bullet From Yuba City Officer-Involved Shooting Entered Elderly Woman’s Home
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
YUBA CITY (CBS13) – A Yuba City woman was startled awake during a deadly shooting as she saw chaos outside her home and something even more disturbing inside: a bullet.
The bullet in her senior housing apartment likely came from police.
“I heard a terrible noise. It sounded like war planes,” said Laura Lalim.
Fast asleep, she woke up thinking we were at war.
“The streets were lit up bright red,” Lalim said.
Curious as to what was going on, she took a peek outside.
“I stood by the window, foolish to do. That’s where the shots came from,” she said.
Going through her window and a wall, the bullet became lodged in her bathroom.
“I couldn’t hear it was bullets,” Lalim said.
She had no clue her life could have been in danger until she noticed something different in her room.
“There was something wrong with the curtain,” she said.
The bullet hole was only visible when she looked under the blinds.
Yuba City police say the shooting happened after they attempted to pull over a man suspected of armed robbery. Shots were fired and the suspect was killed.
At this time, there are still a lot of questions as to what happened — questions Lalim wants answered too.
She is hoping the Yuba City Police Department will pay to fix the holes in her walls and window.