Stray Bullet From Yuba City Officer-Involved Shooting Entered Elderly Woman’s Home
Don't Miss This
- Woman Walking With 2-Year-Old Son Hit, Killed By Man Driving Drunk
- Citrus Heights Gaming Hall Actually Slashes Crime In Surrounding Area
- Starting Tuesday, California Law Requires Drivers To Give Cyclists 3 Feet Of Space On Road
- Missing Christian Brothers High School Volleyball Coach Found Alive In Oregon
- Police Detain ‘Django Unchained’ Actress In LA
Get Breaking News First
YUBA CITY (CBS13) – A Yuba City woman was startled awake during a deadly shooting as she saw chaos outside her home and something even more disturbing inside: a bullet.
The bullet in her senior housing apartment likely came from police.
“I heard a terrible noise. It sounded like war planes,” said Laura Lalim.
Fast asleep, she woke up thinking we were at war.
“The streets were lit up bright red,” Lalim said.
Curious as to what was going on, she took a peek outside.
“I stood by the window, foolish to do. That’s where the shots came from,” she said.
Going through her window and a wall, the bullet became lodged in her bathroom.
“I couldn’t hear it was bullets,” Lalim said.
She had no clue her life could have been in danger until she noticed something different in her room.
“There was something wrong with the curtain,” she said.
The bullet hole was only visible when she looked under the blinds.
Yuba City police say the shooting happened after they attempted to pull over a man suspected of armed robbery. Shots were fired and the suspect was killed.
At this time, there are still a lot of questions as to what happened — questions Lalim wants answered too.
She is hoping the Yuba City Police Department will pay to fix the holes in her walls and window.