Candlelight Vigil Offers Leila Fowler’s Mother A Chance To Speak
Don't Miss This
- Man Accused Of Stabbing Sacramento Woman To Death Arrested
- Old Sacramento’s Gold Rush Days Panned Because Of Drought
- Colusa Husband And Wife Arrested For Allegedly Kidnapping Teen Who Made Their Child Cry
- Dolls Lefts On Doorsteps Were Meant To Spread Cheer Not Chill
- 5 Women Who Have Been Killin’ It This Summer
Get Breaking News First
VALLEY SPRINGS (CBS13) — Song and candlelight filled the night as a community begins to say goodbye to 8-year-old Leila Fowler. Her family showing their pain, but also their gratitude.
Tuesday night was the first time Leila’s mom Krystal Walters and Leila’s brother Justin Fowler spoke in public since her death.
As the mourning beings, the small community of Valley Springs remains on edge. It’s been more than three days since the 8-year-old was found stabbed to death inside her home. Deputies say her 12-year-old brother reported seeing an intruder leaving the home, only to discover his sister wounded.
Tuesday was all about the prayers and memories for the little girl.
In related news, a Placerville woman fought off an intruder who tried to kidnap her 15-month-old child. Police arrested the man and sent in samples to compare to the Valley Springs case, though they say they’re just covering all of their bases.