Vandals Carve ‘We Want No Hindus At SBLL’ Into Sikh Little League Coach’s Truck
Don't Miss This
- Logic Behind Ferguson Grand Jury’s Decision Not To Indict Police Officer May Remain Mystery
- Man Behind Hidden Cash Craze Announces New Charity Effort Aimed At Fighting Hunger
- Brutal Beating Of Disabled Yuba City Man Likely Was Gang Violence
- Sacramento Police Ready For Protests, But Say Outreach Is Key To Avoid Violence
- Reaction To Ferguson Grand Jury Decision Fanned By Social Media
YUBA CITY (CBS13) — A message of hate was directed toward a couple who devotes their time to coaching a little league team in Yuba City.
Sutter Buttes Little League coach and board member Suk Dulai discovered a message scratched into the side of his truck.
“We want no Hindus at SBLL,” said Dulai.
Suk is actually Sikh, not Hindu, but he is of Indian descent.
“It hurts, you know? Spending so much time helping kids, and this is how you get repaid for it?” he said.
“I had a successful season, maybe it comes from that,” he said. “Other than that, I have no idea,” he said.
Parents were upset that someone who donates their time for kids could be targeted like this.
“These people donate their time for these kids and it’s sad that someone would target them,” said a player’s mother.
Yuba City Police are treating this as more than just unsportsmanlike conduct, it’s being called a hate crime.
“If this continues, what’s going to be the next step?” said Dulai. “That’s the most scary part of it,” he said.
It’s a bullying message of hate over kid’s baseball, and a move that won’t strike this couple out.
“We thought about doing that. Now we’re talking about not giving them the satisfaction of seeing us quit,” he said.
A reward is being offered for anyone who provides police with information leading to an arrest.
- Sutter County DA Will Resign Amid Arson Allegations
- Mom Says Yuba City Star Max Stassi Recovering After Taking Fastball To Head For Astros
- Yuba City Restaurant Owner Rips Drug Agents For Fruitless Lunchtime Raid
- Woman Says District Attorney Innocent Of Arson
- Former Call Girl ‘Blown Away’ That District Attorney Considered Arson Suspect (sacramento.cbslocal.com)