Coroner Releases Identity Of Senior Hit And Killed By Car In Carmichael
Don't Miss This
- CHP Officers, Teacher Help Santa Deliver Presents To Boy Who Didn’t Get Visit Last Year
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
CARMICHAEL (CBS13) – We now know the identity of a local senior who was hit and killed by a car while walking on a busy street in Carmichael.
The Sacramento County Coroner’s Office identified the man as 82-year-old John Maykovich.
Investigators say Maykovich was hit on Cypress Avenue west of Walnut Avenue on Wednesday. He was wearing a medical ID bracelet, but police are not sure why. He may have recently been released or wandered away from a hospital or assisted living home. Several assisted living homes are near where the accident occurred.
Police say the crash appears to have been accidental.