Coroner Releases Identity Of Senior Hit And Killed By Car In Carmichael
Don't Miss This
- Starting Tuesday, California Law Requires Drivers To Give Cyclists 3 Feet Of Space On Road
- Missing Christian Brothers High School Volleyball Coach Found Alive In Oregon
- Police Detain ‘Django Unchained’ Actress In LA
- Researchers Say Sacramento’s Bad Roads Are Bad For Business
- Mountain Lion Linked To Southern California Boy’s Attack Killed By Wildlife Officials
Get Breaking News First
CARMICHAEL (CBS13) – We now know the identity of a local senior who was hit and killed by a car while walking on a busy street in Carmichael.
The Sacramento County Coroner’s Office identified the man as 82-year-old John Maykovich.
Investigators say Maykovich was hit on Cypress Avenue west of Walnut Avenue on Wednesday. He was wearing a medical ID bracelet, but police are not sure why. He may have recently been released or wandered away from a hospital or assisted living home. Several assisted living homes are near where the accident occurred.
Police say the crash appears to have been accidental.