Coroner Releases Identity Of Senior Hit And Killed By Car In Carmichael
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
CARMICHAEL (CBS13) – We now know the identity of a local senior who was hit and killed by a car while walking on a busy street in Carmichael.
The Sacramento County Coroner’s Office identified the man as 82-year-old John Maykovich.
Investigators say Maykovich was hit on Cypress Avenue west of Walnut Avenue on Wednesday. He was wearing a medical ID bracelet, but police are not sure why. He may have recently been released or wandered away from a hospital or assisted living home. Several assisted living homes are near where the accident occurred.
Police say the crash appears to have been accidental.