Coroner Releases Identity Of Senior Hit And Killed By Car In Carmichael
Don't Miss This
- Yuba City Officer, Woman Shot Overnight
- Roseville Cuddling Business In High Demand As Holiday Season Approaches
- Woodland Police Acquire MRAP Rejected By Davis City Council Amid Police Militarization Debate
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
CARMICHAEL (CBS13) – We now know the identity of a local senior who was hit and killed by a car while walking on a busy street in Carmichael.
The Sacramento County Coroner’s Office identified the man as 82-year-old John Maykovich.
Investigators say Maykovich was hit on Cypress Avenue west of Walnut Avenue on Wednesday. He was wearing a medical ID bracelet, but police are not sure why. He may have recently been released or wandered away from a hospital or assisted living home. Several assisted living homes are near where the accident occurred.
Police say the crash appears to have been accidental.