Former Rocklin Teacher Sentenced To Nearly Five Years For Relationship With Student
Don't Miss This
Get Breaking News First
ROCKLIN (CBS13) — A former Whitney High School teacher was sentenced more than four years in prison and register as a sex offender for his relationship with a student
As part of the agreement, Matthew Scott Yamamoto of Rocklin pleaded no contest to oral copulation with a minor, attempted sexual intercourse with a minor and sexual penetration on a minor. He also pleaded guilty to one felony count of conspiracy to obstructing justice. Several related misdemeanor counts were also dismissed.
Yamamoto had faced a maximum of five years in state prison.
The judge opted for the sentence because of repeated violations of a restraining order imposed in the case, and the fact he taught the victim how to hide communications from authorities and destroy evidence.
- Former Whitney High School Teacher Back In Jail
- Whitney High School Teacher Suspected Of Sexual Relationship With Student
- District Says Legal Concerns Delayed Notifying Parents Of Teacher’s Arrest
- Arraignment Postponed For Whitney High School Teacher
- Former Whitney High School Teacher Pleads Guilty To Sexual Relationship With Student