Investigators Say Serial Rapist Could Be Behind Attack On Tuesday
Don't Miss This
- Researchers Say Sacramento’s Bad Roads Are Bad For Business
- Mountain Lion Linked To Southern California Boy’s Attack Killed By Wildlife Officials
- San Joaquin Sheriff Investigating How Deputy’s Loaded Weapon Ended Up In Gang Member’s Hands
- Ancient Swamp Creature Named After Mick Jagger (KYMX)
- Woman Convicted In Torching Of Ex-Boyfriend’s Bed
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – Investigators say the man who raped a woman along a busy Sacramento road on Tuesday may be a serial rapist, preying on random young women.
“Jessica”, a Sacramento rape victim is convinced the sexual predator who attacked her is the same man who targeted a teen Tuesday night.
Both incidents happened just a few miles apart. The first was in September near Interstate 80 and Watt Avenue, and Tuesday’s was at Interstate 80 and Madison Avenue.
Investigators are looking at this same suspect in yet another case.
The suspect in this case and the one in September share an uncanny resemblance, and some of the circumstances are the same.
“It’s the same guy that attacked me…because the way he did it,” said “Jessica”, the victim of the September attack.
Jessica says when she heard about Tuesday’s rape off Madison Avenue then saw a sketch of the suspect, she knew the man who raped her in September had struck again.
“He attacked this girl from behind; he attacked me from behind,” said Jessica.
These are the similarities to Jessica’s case and this week’s case:
Both victims are young women.
The rapes happened on busy streets
They happened near Interstate 80 overpasses.
The rapists grabbed the victims from behind and dragged them into brush and trees, out of view.
“We have to look at all our unsolved cases that meet somewhat of the motive that this person used,” said Sgt. Lisa Bowman with the Sacramento County Sheriff’s Department.
Bowman says detectives will methodically go through all unsolved cases that could be connected, including one just a few weeks ago.
“I fought for my life,” said “Sarah”, the victim of that crime.
Sarah says a man came up from behind her as she walked along the American River Parkway, grabbed, choked and tried to sexually assault her. She fought her attacker and managed to get away.
“And each and every time they get away, it empowers them — it empowers them to do more,” said Bowman.
Investigators fear they’ve got a serial rapist on their hands and think he may be getting bolder.
“I feel like the next time he’s going to kill the girl,” said Jessica.
Jessica wants him caught before he strikes again. She wants the recent victim to know she’s not alone.
“And if she’s watching this right now I am with her. I understand everything you are going through,” said Jessica.
The only factor that was different in all three cases was the time of day the rapes happened. But in each case, the suspects’ height, weight and age are the same or close.
Investigators plan to talk to all the victims again.
- Youth Golf Coach Admits To Molesting Students
- Sketch Released Of Suspect Wanted For Assaulting Joggers In Fairfield
- Police Looking For Man Who Attacked Girl, 16, Along Cordelia Trail
- Sacramento Cruise Ship Passenger Tells Senate About Her High Seas Horror
- Sketch Of Suspect Who Attacked Woodland Girl, 15, Released