Owner Of Tree That Fell, Killing I-80 Driver In Vacaville, Still Undetermined
Don't Miss This
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
- Folsom District’s Response To Seventh-Grader’s Suicide Drawing Heavy Scrutiny
VACAVILLE (CBS13) – We’re waiting to hear back from the city of Vacaville or Solano County about who maintains the property where a tree fell down onto I-80, hitting a car and killing the driver.
CHP says the eucalyptus tree came crashing down into the lanes Sunday afternoon on a car traveling in the slow lane. A preliminary report indicates the land is not controlled by Caltrans and that Solano County and the city of Vacaville would be contacted to determine the owner.
“I had a branch fall off the other day. It’s sitting right there; so you know, they need to be toppled, but they charge you so much money to cut them back,” said a nearby homeowner.
The victim is identified as a 23-year-old woman from Oakland. Her identity could be released later today.