Owner Of Tree That Fell, Killing I-80 Driver In Vacaville, Still Undetermined
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
VACAVILLE (CBS13) – We’re waiting to hear back from the city of Vacaville or Solano County about who maintains the property where a tree fell down onto I-80, hitting a car and killing the driver.
CHP says the eucalyptus tree came crashing down into the lanes Sunday afternoon on a car traveling in the slow lane. A preliminary report indicates the land is not controlled by Caltrans and that Solano County and the city of Vacaville would be contacted to determine the owner.
“I had a branch fall off the other day. It’s sitting right there; so you know, they need to be toppled, but they charge you so much money to cut them back,” said a nearby homeowner.
The victim is identified as a 23-year-old woman from Oakland. Her identity could be released later today.