Owner Of Tree That Fell, Killing I-80 Driver In Vacaville, Still Undetermined
Don't Miss This
- Woman Walking With 2-Year-Old Son Hit, Killed By Man Driving Drunk
- Citrus Heights Gaming Hall Actually Slashes Crime In Surrounding Area
- Starting Tuesday, California Law Requires Drivers To Give Cyclists 3 Feet Of Space On Road
- Missing Christian Brothers High School Volleyball Coach Found Alive In Oregon
- Police Detain ‘Django Unchained’ Actress In LA
Get Breaking News First
VACAVILLE (CBS13) – We’re waiting to hear back from the city of Vacaville or Solano County about who maintains the property where a tree fell down onto I-80, hitting a car and killing the driver.
CHP says the eucalyptus tree came crashing down into the lanes Sunday afternoon on a car traveling in the slow lane. A preliminary report indicates the land is not controlled by Caltrans and that Solano County and the city of Vacaville would be contacted to determine the owner.
“I had a branch fall off the other day. It’s sitting right there; so you know, they need to be toppled, but they charge you so much money to cut them back,” said a nearby homeowner.
The victim is identified as a 23-year-old woman from Oakland. Her identity could be released later today.