Woodland Burglary Suspect Caught Near Cache Creek
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
YOLO COUNTY (CBS13) – A man wanted in connection to more than 150 home and car burglaries throughout the city of Woodland has been arrested, police say.
Mario Lopez, who investigators have called a career criminal, was caught near Cache Creek Thursday morning, the Woodland Police Department tells CBS13. Lopez was in a car that was stopped for a vehicle code violation around 12:30 a.m. Authorities have been looking for him since he was identified as a suspect in a rash of burglaries that hit Woodland over the course of just three months.
Several other people linked to the burglaries have also been arrested, but Lopez remained on the run.
In a strange twist to the story, Lopez could have been arrested last week. Lopez is said to have tried to turn himself in to the Yolo County Jail, but no one came to get him so he walked out.
Video surveillance showed that Lopez waited 14 minutes at the jail.
Authorities considered Lopez armed and dangerous, warning anyone who saw him to call police immediately.
Lopez is now facing new charges of burglary, possession of meth and conspiracy, among other charges. He already had warrants out for his arrest on burglary, possession of stolen property, weapons charges, drug charges and child endangerment.