San Joaquin County District Attorney Candidate Arrested Again, Days Before Primary Election
Don't Miss This
- CHP Officers, Teacher Help Santa Deliver Presents To Boy Who Didn’t Get Visit Last Year
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
LODI (CBS13) — Less than two weeks before the June 3 primary election, a candidate for San Joaquin County district attorney has been arrested again.
Gary Hickey, 65, was arrested on suspicion of drunk and disorderly conduct on Friday, according to the Stockton Record.
Last summer, Hickey was charged with a hit-and-run crash involving a light pole.
In April, he was arrested at his home on suspicion of driving under the influence.
Also in April, police named him as a person of interest in an assault investigation after a man showed up at Lodi Memorial hospital, claiming the candidate punched him in the face and hit him with something hard enough to dislocate his hip.
The brawl was allegedly over some kind of payment.
CBS13 went looking for Hickey at a couple of addresses. We spoke to Hickey’s brother, Larry, who claimed to know nothing about the fight that happened at this home.
“I don’t think he has a drinking problem,” Larry said. “I haven’t seen him drinking.”