San Joaquin County District Attorney Candidate Arrested Again, Days Before Primary Election
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
LODI (CBS13) — Less than two weeks before the June 3 primary election, a candidate for San Joaquin County district attorney has been arrested again.
Gary Hickey, 65, was arrested on suspicion of drunk and disorderly conduct on Friday, according to the Stockton Record.
Last summer, Hickey was charged with a hit-and-run crash involving a light pole.
In April, he was arrested at his home on suspicion of driving under the influence.
Also in April, police named him as a person of interest in an assault investigation after a man showed up at Lodi Memorial hospital, claiming the candidate punched him in the face and hit him with something hard enough to dislocate his hip.
The brawl was allegedly over some kind of payment.
CBS13 went looking for Hickey at a couple of addresses. We spoke to Hickey’s brother, Larry, who claimed to know nothing about the fight that happened at this home.
“I don’t think he has a drinking problem,” Larry said. “I haven’t seen him drinking.”