San Joaquin County District Attorney Candidate Arrested Again, Days Before Primary Election
Don't Miss This
- Sketch Released Of Suspect Wanted For 2 Stabbings Near Downtown Sacramento
- Roseville Woman Run Over By Own SUV, Dies
- U-Haul Crashes Into Citrus Heights Home, Hitting Baby’s Room
- Davis Police MRAP Just One Of Hundreds Of Items Acquired From Military Surplus In Yolo County
- East Porterville Residents Without Water As Wells Go Dry During California Drought
Get Breaking News First
LODI (CBS13) — Less than two weeks before the June 3 primary election, a candidate for San Joaquin County district attorney has been arrested again.
Gary Hickey, 65, was arrested on suspicion of drunk and disorderly conduct on Friday, according to the Stockton Record.
Last summer, Hickey was charged with a hit-and-run crash involving a light pole.
In April, he was arrested at his home on suspicion of driving under the influence.
Also in April, police named him as a person of interest in an assault investigation after a man showed up at Lodi Memorial hospital, claiming the candidate punched him in the face and hit him with something hard enough to dislocate his hip.
The brawl was allegedly over some kind of payment.
CBS13 went looking for Hickey at a couple of addresses. We spoke to Hickey’s brother, Larry, who claimed to know nothing about the fight that happened at this home.
“I don’t think he has a drinking problem,” Larry said. “I haven’t seen him drinking.”