Stockton Hit-And-Run Suspect Turns Himself In
Don't Miss This
- Man Accused Of Stabbing Sacramento Woman To Death Arrested
- Old Sacramento’s Gold Rush Days Panned Because Of Drought
- Colusa Husband And Wife Arrested For Allegedly Kidnapping Teen Who Made Their Child Cry
- Dolls Lefts On Doorsteps Were Meant To Spread Cheer Not Chill
- 5 Women Who Have Been Killin’ It This Summer
Get Breaking News First
STOCKTON (CBS13) – Police say that the driver suspected in a hit-and-run crash that killed a woman in Stockton Wednesday morning has turned himself in.
The crash happened near Golden Gate Avenue and Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard just after 5 a.m., according to the Stockton Police Department. Officers found that a woman believed to be in her 50s was hit by a car.
A witness at the scene said they saw that a white sedan hit the woman and then take off from the scene. The witness last saw the car heading south along Highway 99.
The woman soon succumbed to her injuries and died at the scene, police said.
Thursday, Stockton Police announced that the suspect driver – 27-year-old Pedro Hernandez Tecuapa – turned himself in later in the day at the Main Police Department building along E. Market Street.
Hernandez was arrested and booked at San Joaquin County Jail on felony hit-and-run resulting in death charges.