Stockton Hit-And-Run Suspect Turns Himself In
Don't Miss This
- Yuba City Officer, Woman Shot Overnight
- Roseville Cuddling Business In High Demand As Holiday Season Approaches
- Woodland Police Acquire MRAP Rejected By Davis City Council Amid Police Militarization Debate
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
STOCKTON (CBS13) – Police say that the driver suspected in a hit-and-run crash that killed a woman in Stockton Wednesday morning has turned himself in.
The crash happened near Golden Gate Avenue and Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard just after 5 a.m., according to the Stockton Police Department. Officers found that a woman believed to be in her 50s was hit by a car.
A witness at the scene said they saw that a white sedan hit the woman and then take off from the scene. The witness last saw the car heading south along Highway 99.
The woman soon succumbed to her injuries and died at the scene, police said.
Thursday, Stockton Police announced that the suspect driver – 27-year-old Pedro Hernandez Tecuapa – turned himself in later in the day at the Main Police Department building along E. Market Street.
Hernandez was arrested and booked at San Joaquin County Jail on felony hit-and-run resulting in death charges.