Stockton Hit-And-Run Suspect Turns Himself In
Don't Miss This
- CHP Officers, Teacher Help Santa Deliver Presents To Boy Who Didn’t Get Visit Last Year
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
STOCKTON (CBS13) – Police say that the driver suspected in a hit-and-run crash that killed a woman in Stockton Wednesday morning has turned himself in.
The crash happened near Golden Gate Avenue and Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard just after 5 a.m., according to the Stockton Police Department. Officers found that a woman believed to be in her 50s was hit by a car.
A witness at the scene said they saw that a white sedan hit the woman and then take off from the scene. The witness last saw the car heading south along Highway 99.
The woman soon succumbed to her injuries and died at the scene, police said.
Thursday, Stockton Police announced that the suspect driver – 27-year-old Pedro Hernandez Tecuapa – turned himself in later in the day at the Main Police Department building along E. Market Street.
Hernandez was arrested and booked at San Joaquin County Jail on felony hit-and-run resulting in death charges.