Boy, 16, Arrested For Murder Of Rio Linda Man
Don't Miss This
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
- Folsom District’s Response To Seventh-Grader’s Suicide Drawing Heavy Scrutiny
RIO LINDA (CBS13) – Sheriff’s detectives have arrested a 16-year-old boy in the murder of a Rio Linda man.
The incident happened late Sunday night along the 100 block of Dolphin Way in Rio Linda, according to a statement from Sacramento County Sheriff’s Department Sgt. Lisa Bowman. When they arrived, deputies found a 54-year-old man who had been shot.
Authorities have since identified the man as Billy Joe Stidman. Detectives also believe that the suspect was an invited guest of another teenager living at Stidman’s home.
Detectives say that some sort of confrontation happened between the teen suspect and Stidman, escalating to the point where the teen pulled out a gun and shot the man in the upper torso. Stidman was taken to the hospital but was later pronounced dead.
The teen suspect was arrested Tuesday night, according to the Sacramento County Sheriff’s Department.
Anyone with more information about the incident is asked to call detectives at (916) 874-5115.