Boy, 16, Arrested For Murder Of Rio Linda Man
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
RIO LINDA (CBS13) – Sheriff’s detectives have arrested a 16-year-old boy in the murder of a Rio Linda man.
The incident happened late Sunday night along the 100 block of Dolphin Way in Rio Linda, according to a statement from Sacramento County Sheriff’s Department Sgt. Lisa Bowman. When they arrived, deputies found a 54-year-old man who had been shot.
Authorities have since identified the man as Billy Joe Stidman. Detectives also believe that the suspect was an invited guest of another teenager living at Stidman’s home.
Detectives say that some sort of confrontation happened between the teen suspect and Stidman, escalating to the point where the teen pulled out a gun and shot the man in the upper torso. Stidman was taken to the hospital but was later pronounced dead.
The teen suspect was arrested Tuesday night, according to the Sacramento County Sheriff’s Department.
Anyone with more information about the incident is asked to call detectives at (916) 874-5115.