Boy, 16, Arrested For Murder Of Rio Linda Man
Don't Miss This
- Sketch Released Of Suspect Wanted For 2 Stabbings Near Downtown Sacramento
- Roseville Woman Run Over By Own SUV, Dies
- U-Haul Crashes Into Citrus Heights Home, Hitting Baby’s Room
- Davis Police MRAP Just One Of Hundreds Of Items Acquired From Military Surplus In Yolo County
- East Porterville Residents Without Water As Wells Go Dry During California Drought
Get Breaking News First
RIO LINDA (CBS13) – Sheriff’s detectives have arrested a 16-year-old boy in the murder of a Rio Linda man.
The incident happened late Sunday night along the 100 block of Dolphin Way in Rio Linda, according to a statement from Sacramento County Sheriff’s Department Sgt. Lisa Bowman. When they arrived, deputies found a 54-year-old man who had been shot.
Authorities have since identified the man as Billy Joe Stidman. Detectives also believe that the suspect was an invited guest of another teenager living at Stidman’s home.
Detectives say that some sort of confrontation happened between the teen suspect and Stidman, escalating to the point where the teen pulled out a gun and shot the man in the upper torso. Stidman was taken to the hospital but was later pronounced dead.
The teen suspect was arrested Tuesday night, according to the Sacramento County Sheriff’s Department.
Anyone with more information about the incident is asked to call detectives at (916) 874-5115.