‘Dreamy McMugshot’ Jeremy Meeks Indicted On Federal Charges
Don't Miss This
- Kings Rally Late, Win Vegas Summer Title
- 40-Year-Old Mom With Two Kids Becomes NFL Cheerleader
- Raw: Driver Records Cellphone Video Of Stockton Shootout
- Get Ready For More Delays As Interstate 80 Project Will Close Lanes Starting Saturday
- Video: Family, Friends Mourn Death Of Woman Taken Hostage By Bank Robbery Suspects
Get Breaking News First
STOCKTON (CBS13) – Jeremy Meeks, Stockton’s notorious “Dreamy McMugshot,” was indicted on Federal charges Thursday.
Meeks was indicted due to his previous conviction on grand theft from back in 2002. Due to the previous arrest, prosecutors are charging that Meeks was a felon in possession of a firearm during his June 18 arrest – the arrest that spawned the infamous mugshot that went viral.
The indictment was filed by U.S. Attorney Benjamin B. Wagner’s office. It specifically identifies that Meeks was in possession of a .45 semi-automatic Springfield Arms pistol during his June 18 arrest.
See the full indictment here: United States of America v. Jeremy Meeks
According to reports, Meeks signed a modeling contract this week with Santa Monica-based Blaze Models. Meeks’ reported agent is Gina Rodriguez, who also represents such popular culture curiosities as the “Octomom” Nadya Suleman and “Teen Mom” star Farrah Abraham.
Meeks is still being held at San Joaquin County Jail on a total of $1,050,000 bail, according to the jail website. His next court date is listed as July 8.