‘Dreamy McMugshot’ Jeremy Meeks Indicted On Federal Charges
Don't Miss This
- Women Respond To Ice Bucket Challenge By Raising Money For California Town With Dry Wells
- Stockton Man Pleads For Return Of Dog Stolen From His Car
- Sketch Released Of Suspect Wanted For 2 Stabbings Near Downtown Sacramento
- Roseville Woman Run Over By Own SUV, Dies
- U-Haul Crashes Into Citrus Heights Home, Hitting Baby’s Room
Get Breaking News First
STOCKTON (CBS13) – Jeremy Meeks, Stockton’s notorious “Dreamy McMugshot,” was indicted on Federal charges Thursday.
Meeks was indicted due to his previous conviction on grand theft from back in 2002. Due to the previous arrest, prosecutors are charging that Meeks was a felon in possession of a firearm during his June 18 arrest – the arrest that spawned the infamous mugshot that went viral.
The indictment was filed by U.S. Attorney Benjamin B. Wagner’s office. It specifically identifies that Meeks was in possession of a .45 semi-automatic Springfield Arms pistol during his June 18 arrest.
See the full indictment here: United States of America v. Jeremy Meeks
According to reports, Meeks signed a modeling contract this week with Santa Monica-based Blaze Models. Meeks’ reported agent is Gina Rodriguez, who also represents such popular culture curiosities as the “Octomom” Nadya Suleman and “Teen Mom” star Farrah Abraham.
Meeks is still being held at San Joaquin County Jail on a total of $1,050,000 bail, according to the jail website. His next court date is listed as July 8.