‘Dreamy McMugshot’ Jeremy Meeks Indicted On Federal Charges
Don't Miss This
- Yuba City Officer, Woman Shot Overnight
- Roseville Cuddling Business In High Demand As Holiday Season Approaches
- Woodland Police Acquire MRAP Rejected By Davis City Council Amid Police Militarization Debate
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
STOCKTON (CBS13) – Jeremy Meeks, Stockton’s notorious “Dreamy McMugshot,” was indicted on Federal charges Thursday.
Meeks was indicted due to his previous conviction on grand theft from back in 2002. Due to the previous arrest, prosecutors are charging that Meeks was a felon in possession of a firearm during his June 18 arrest – the arrest that spawned the infamous mugshot that went viral.
The indictment was filed by U.S. Attorney Benjamin B. Wagner’s office. It specifically identifies that Meeks was in possession of a .45 semi-automatic Springfield Arms pistol during his June 18 arrest.
See the full indictment here: United States of America v. Jeremy Meeks
According to reports, Meeks signed a modeling contract this week with Santa Monica-based Blaze Models. Meeks’ reported agent is Gina Rodriguez, who also represents such popular culture curiosities as the “Octomom” Nadya Suleman and “Teen Mom” star Farrah Abraham.
Meeks is still being held at San Joaquin County Jail on a total of $1,050,000 bail, according to the jail website. His next court date is listed as July 8.