‘Dreamy McMugshot’ Jeremy Meeks Indicted On Federal Charges
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
STOCKTON (CBS13) – Jeremy Meeks, Stockton’s notorious “Dreamy McMugshot,” was indicted on Federal charges Thursday.
Meeks was indicted due to his previous conviction on grand theft from back in 2002. Due to the previous arrest, prosecutors are charging that Meeks was a felon in possession of a firearm during his June 18 arrest – the arrest that spawned the infamous mugshot that went viral.
The indictment was filed by U.S. Attorney Benjamin B. Wagner’s office. It specifically identifies that Meeks was in possession of a .45 semi-automatic Springfield Arms pistol during his June 18 arrest.
See the full indictment here: United States of America v. Jeremy Meeks
According to reports, Meeks signed a modeling contract this week with Santa Monica-based Blaze Models. Meeks’ reported agent is Gina Rodriguez, who also represents such popular culture curiosities as the “Octomom” Nadya Suleman and “Teen Mom” star Farrah Abraham.
Meeks is still being held at San Joaquin County Jail on a total of $1,050,000 bail, according to the jail website. His next court date is listed as July 8.