Detectives: Reported Attempted Placer County Kidnapping A Misunderstanding
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
AUBURN (CBS13) – Detectives say they have identified the man in a reported attempted kidnapping and believe that the incident looks to be a misunderstanding.
The incident happened Wednesday around 5:30 p.m. at the Dollar Tree store along Highway 49. A man was believed to have tried to take a 4-year-old boy out of the store.
According to the Placer County Sheriff’s Office, the man was identified Thursday and was very cooperative with detectives. He told detectives that he had bumped into the child while walking the aisles of the store. He went to pick up the child, the man tells detectives, but the grandmother misunderstood his actions and yelled.
The man then fled the store fearing for his safety after the boy’s grandfather came after him.
Detectives say they have no reason to believe that the man intended to harm or abduct the boy.