Detectives: Reported Attempted Placer County Kidnapping A Misunderstanding
Don't Miss This
- Man Accused Of Stabbing Sacramento Woman To Death Arrested
- Old Sacramento’s Gold Rush Days Panned Because Of Drought
- Colusa Husband And Wife Arrested For Allegedly Kidnapping Teen Who Made Their Child Cry
- Dolls Lefts On Doorsteps Were Meant To Spread Cheer Not Chill
- 5 Women Who Have Been Killin’ It This Summer
Get Breaking News First
AUBURN (CBS13) – Detectives say they have identified the man in a reported attempted kidnapping and believe that the incident looks to be a misunderstanding.
The incident happened Wednesday around 5:30 p.m. at the Dollar Tree store along Highway 49. A man was believed to have tried to take a 4-year-old boy out of the store.
According to the Placer County Sheriff’s Office, the man was identified Thursday and was very cooperative with detectives. He told detectives that he had bumped into the child while walking the aisles of the store. He went to pick up the child, the man tells detectives, but the grandmother misunderstood his actions and yelled.
The man then fled the store fearing for his safety after the boy’s grandfather came after him.
Detectives say they have no reason to believe that the man intended to harm or abduct the boy.