Fourth Bank Robbery Suspect’s Vehicle Found Shortly After Stockton Police Release Video
Don't Miss This
- CHP Officers, Teacher Help Santa Deliver Presents To Boy Who Didn’t Get Visit Last Year
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
STOCKTON (CBS13) — Stockton Police believe they found the car that dropped off three suspects in Wednesday’s deadly bank robbers, but the fourth suspect has not been found.
The robbery at the Stockton Bank of the West led to a nearly hour-long pursuit and shootout where suspects are believed to have used a hostage as a human shield.
The car was found within an hour of police releasing surveillance footage of the black car.
Alfred Gurrera lives in the quiet Stockton neighborhood where the car was found and says in his many years there, he’s never seen anything like this.
“That’s close to home,” he said. “That’s really scary.”
Gurrera says he didn’t even think twice about the car that officers say was driven by a fourth suspect in the violent crime.
“There was no reason to notice a car in the neighborhood,” he said. “That car is there, that car over there; people have company.”
But other neighbors did, and Officer Joe Silva says they called it in. Police were able to find the car quickly with their help.
“We could see exactly how quickly these investigations can be solved,” he said.
But neighbors are still surprised that a key clue in such a violent crime was left in their quiet community.
“I have a feeling those people do not live here I think they dropped it off because its not far from the freeway and its a quiet area,” Gurrera said.