The coronavirus outbreak has caused disruptions to schools, businesses, and events across California.
Many school districts in the greater-Sacramento region, and across the state, have announced weeks-long closures. The California Teachers Association has also asked the state to close every school.
On Saturday, March 15, Gov. Gavin Newsom said in a press conference that 51% of school districts in the state have closed down. Approximately 80-85% of school children are no longer going to school amid the coronavirus outbreak.
Below is a running list of school closures and cancellations (keep checking back for updates):
- Amador County schools: All closed through March 27.
- Butte County schools: All closed through March 27
- Calaveras County schools: Effective immediately and will reopen April 6
- Davis Joint Unified schools: Closed through April 12El Dorado County schools: All schools to be closed through Spring Break
- Elk Grove Unified schools: Closed through April 3 and originally scheduled Spring Break, which ends April 11.
- Galt Joint Elementary District schools: Closed for about three weeks starting March 16
- Lodi Unified schools: Closed until April 6
- Manteca Unified schools: Closed until April 6
- Rocklin Unified schools: Closed through May 1
- Placer County public schools and state preschools will be closed until April 10
- Sacramento County school districts will be closed for up to three weeks beginning March 16
- Solano County schools: Closed through May 1
- Stanislaus County schools: Closed beginning March 19. Districts will individually announce return dates.
- Tracy Unified schools: Closed March 16-April 5
- Tuolumne County schools: All closed through March 30
- Turlock Unified schools: Closed March 19-April 19.
- Twin Rivers Unified schools: Closed March 16-April 3. Spring break will still be held from April 6-13. Schools will resume session on Tuesday, April 14.
- River Charter schools: Closed March 16-April 13
- Winters Unified schools: Closed March 16-April 3
- Woodland Joint Unified schools: Closed March 16-April 17
- Washington Unified schools: Closed March 16-April 3
- Yolo County schools: All closed until April (each district has different reopening dates)
- Yuba City Unified schools: closed starting March 17 through at least April 13.
Turlock Unified announced it will not close. If your school is missing from the list, please let us know. Email email@example.com.
- Sac State: in-person classes canceled, moved online. All campus events canceled, but no decision yet on if commencement is canceled.
- Solano County Community suspended most in-person classes from March 16-20 and plans to continue online instruction from March 23 through April 3.
- Stanislaus State: in-person classes canceled, moved online
- UC Davis: in-person classes canceled, moved online. Study abroad program suspended through summer.
- William Jessup University: Rocklin TUG program classes suspended March 16-20