Suspect In Suisun City Girl’s Death Appears Before Judge
Don't Miss This
- Stockton School District Possibly Selling $2 Million In Unused School Buses
- Strong, This New Member Of Stockton Schools Police Force Is
- After Bed Bug Complaints, Lodi Theater Closed Until Thursday To Eliminate ‘Insect’ Problem
- Alleged Bed Bug Infestation Temporarily Shutters Lodi Movie Theater
- Emerging Solar Plants Are Igniting Birds Mid-Air
Get Breaking News First
FAIRFIELD (CBS13) – The suspect in a Suisun City girl’s homicide was officially charged with murder, kidnapping and rape in Solano County Superior Court on Wednesday.
Anthony Lamar Jones, 32, appeared before a judge and was charged with murder with three special circumstances: that the murder was committed during the commission of a kidnapping, during the commission of rape and during the commission of a lewd and lascivious act on a child under age 14.
His family was not happy to see television cameras.
“You’re stupid. You don’t even know my brother,” one woman said. “That’s not my brother. That’s not my brother!”
If found guilty, he faces life in prison without parole or the death penalty.
Jones is accused of killing Genelle Allen-Conway, 13, of Suisin City sometime after she disappeared on the afternoon of Jan. 31. Her body was found early the next morning at Alan Witt Park in Fairfield.
Eric May said he found the young girl’s body and flagged down a police officer.
“I was just passing through the park,” he said after attending the court hearing.
“I hope justice is served,” he said. “I mean, I believe in our system of justice and she deserves justice.”
May said he’s been having nightmares since finding Genelle’s body.
“It still makes me sick. I’ve been tormented by that image that night for the last week and a half,” he said.
Jones declined to enter a plea on Wednesday. His court-appointed public defender asked that his arraignment be continued until Feb. 21.
Jones is being held without bail at the Solano County Jail.