Driver Suspected In Fatal Hit-And-Run Crash Arrested
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
ROSEVILLE (CBS13) – Authorities have arrested the driver suspected in a hit-and-run crash that took the life a young motorcyclist from Fair Oaks.
According to the California Highway Patrol, investigators identified 20-year-old Nicolas Reza as the driver in the May 1 crash that killed 20-year-old Gavril Suiugan. Investigators say that Reza confessed that he was the driver in the fatal crash after they contacted him Wednesday.
Friends told CBS13 that Suiugan was on his way to meet friends for dinner when the crash happened on Roseville Road near Outlook Drive. A GMC SUV is said to have hit Suiugan and took off from the scene.
Reza now faces charges of vehicular manslaughter, felony hit-and-run, and driving with a suspended license. He is being held at Sacramento County Jail on $700,000 bail.
CHP investigators still ask anyone with more information about the incident to call the CHP North Sacramento division at (916) 338-6710.