Here are the latest news updates on the coronavirus for March 30, 2020.
- 4:50 p.m.: The 15th case of coronavirus has been confirmed in El Dorado County. See county-by-county totals.
- 4:36 p.m.: The San Joaquin County Fair will not be held this year due to the coronavirus pandemic.
- 3:06 p.m.: Ford is partnering with GM to make 50,000 ventilators over the next 100 days.
- 12:23 p.m.: The city of Winters is closing all public counters and playgrounds, effective immediately as a result of the coronavirus pandemic.
- 12 p.m.: Governor Newsom establishes “California Health Corps”, calls on recently retired medical professionals or those in medical school to help. More info: http://covid19.ca.go/healthcorps
- 9 a.m.: The California State Parks agency has announced it is closing all 280 state parks to vehicle traffic.
- 10:13 a.m.: Macy’s is furloughing a majority of its 125,000 employees because of the ongoing coronavirus pandemic, which has sunk sales and forced it close to its stores.
- 7:23 a.m.: The Jackson Rancheria Casino Resort is extending its temporary closure amid the coronavirus pandemic.
- 6:37 a.m.: A longtime coach in the Oakland Athletics minor league system has tested positive for coronavirus and is on a ventilator, his family says.
Stories from the weekend you might have missed:
- Coronavirus: Shoppers Notice More Used Protective Items Littering Store Parking Lots
- Protection Against Coronavirus: Makeshift Operation Making Medical Shields For Free For Sacramento Healthcare Workers
- Yuba County Food Bank To Deliver 3 Days A Week To Those At Risk To Coronavirus
- Domestic Calls Skyrocket As COVID-19 Forces Victims Inside With Abusers